Oi gente!

The place to introduce yourselves.

Oi gente!

Postby Ray » Sat 08 Aug 2009 5:24 pm

Hello everyone. I'm Ray from the USA. I'm interested in langauge and travel and I spent a year in high school abroad in Brazil. I hope to do a similar experience during university. English is my native language. I also speak pretty fluent Portuguese from my year abroad. I take Spanish at school and can understand most of the language because of my Portuguese, but cannot produce Spanish at the same level. I study Korean informally in my free time. I keep a blog at http://www.bytetrash.blogspot.com if anyone is interested. Sometimes I write about language, but not often.

I'm an avid follower of Omniglot, so I figured I should join the forum.
Blog ~~~ Seja a mundança.
Ray

Re: Oi gente!

Postby imbecilica » Sat 08 Aug 2009 7:00 pm

Welcome to the forums!
Clicky > My BLOG
imbecilica

Postby Sobekhotep » Sun 09 Aug 2009 6:30 am

Ray wrote:Hello everyone. I'm Ray from the USA. I'm interested in langauge and travel and I spent a year in high school abroad in Brazil. I hope to do a similar experience during university. English is my native language. I also speak pretty fluent Portuguese from my year abroad. I take Spanish at school and can understand most of the language because of my Portuguese, but cannot produce Spanish at the same level. I study Korean informally in my free time. I keep a blog at http://www.bytetrash.blogspot.com if anyone is interested. Sometimes I write about language, but not often.

I'm an avid follower of Omniglot, so I figured I should join the forum.

Seja bem-vindo ao fórum Omniglot! Outro falante da língua brasílica! 8-)
No qual estado brasileiro morou você?
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby Ray » Sun 09 Aug 2009 5:11 pm

Morava em Rio Grande do Sul, na fronteira Argentina. Tambem fica bem perto a fronteira com Uruguay. A cidade onde fui se chama, Uruguaiana.

I lived in Rio Grande do Sul on the Argentine border. It was also very close to the border with Uruguay. The city's called Uruguaiana.
Ray

Postby adelgado » Sun 09 Aug 2009 11:50 pm

Bem-vindo ao Fórum! :) Você tem interesse em construção de línguas? Que idade você tem?

Welcome to the Forum! :) Do you have interest in conlanging? How old are you?

Lutje maForum! :) Kyo-nani conlanging? Talo kyo-duna lemes hani?
adelgado

Postby Ray » Mon 10 Aug 2009 6:25 pm

I' 17, but no, I'm not really into conlanging. However, I do have a vague notion of constructing "First Familingua" (hahaha) which would be like a joke conlang using only the leters in the names of the First Family of the US. :lol:
Ray

Postby Sobekhotep » Wed 12 Aug 2009 1:03 am

Ray wrote:Morava em Rio Grande do Sul, na fronteira Argentina. Tambem fica bem perto a fronteira com Uruguay. A cidade onde fui se chama, Uruguaiana.

Gaúcho! :mrgreen:
O povo dessa cidade fala portunhol?
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Return to Introductions