Hreptep Tultrybab

The place to discuss your conlangs and conlanging.

Hreptep Tultrybab

Postby philly_boy » Tue 28 Jul 2009 5:21 am

Hello, some of you may remember me from a (very long) while back when I was posting here about my conlang 'Atario' and unfortunately I did not have enough time to continue posting due to HW and stuff. So here I am with a brand new Conlang wich I have created for the novel that I *plan* on getting on paper at some point. So, without further delay, I give you Hreptep Tultrybab! :D

Basically, Hreptep Tultrybab means 'Standard Galactic' and was created in about 2200 when the Galactic Federation was founded. Although English was the language spoken by the billions of people in the Federation, the Government forced the creation of Hreptep Tultrybab in order to make politics far too complicated for the common fellah to understand (Hreptep Tultrybab wasn't taught in schools) and thus make them NOT involved in politics (i.e. brainwashing). The excuse for adopting the language as the official language of the state was that 'in the millions of worlds there need to be a language understandable by all' which is really out of place seeing as everyone spoke English... A proper introduction to Hreptep Tultrybab will follow a bit later (I'm not on my pc :/) but for the time being, how about this: the first three points of the story of the Tower of Babel in Standard Galactic :P Lets see if some of you can figure out some things about the grammar before I post it :P

Now the whole earth had one language and the same words. And as people migrated from the east, they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there. And they said to one another, "Come, let us make bricks, and burn them thoroughly." And they had brick for stone, and bitumen for mortar.

Pak iltet Gee’tik on plirtak mi ulten papLetet. Mi sop papEklip yatlep’tik kvi Zom, pehrkik’tik viy ur vreyibab Shinar m’ iyreb’tik kiy. Mi taakkik’tik ya kopaskev, “iSrey, iBremkopi iLek papOrzed, m’ iMteskik kripTamen”. Mi tikkik orzed fah itrepleh, mi zatipke fah teekta.
Mother Tongues: Ελληνικά (Modern), English
Good: Français
Basic: Español, Ἑλληνικά (Ancient)
Studying: Türkçe
Wants to learn: Deutsch, Dansk, Svenska, Lingua Latina, Íslenska
Conlang: Vǿrliſë Loreéllë Atário (New Atario Language)
philly_boy

Re: Hreptep Tultrybab

Postby Dan_ad_nauseam » Sun 02 Aug 2009 10:12 pm

philly_boy wrote:. . . .

. . . . A proper introduction to Hreptep Tultrybab will follow a bit later (I'm not on my pc :/) but for the time being, how about this: the first three points of the story of the Tower of Babel in Standard Galactic :P Lets see if some of you can figure out some things about the grammar before I post it :P

Now the whole earth had one language and the same words. And as people migrated from the east, they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there. And they said to one another, "Come, let us make bricks, and burn them thoroughly." And they had brick for stone, and bitumen for mortar.

Pak iltet Gee’tik on plirtak mi ulten papLetet. Mi sop papEklip yatlep’tik kvi Zom, pehrkik’tik viy ur vreyibab Shinar m’ iyreb’tik kiy. Mi taakkik’tik ya kopaskev, “iSrey, iBremkopi iLek papOrzed, m’ iMteskik kripTamen”. Mi tikkik orzed fah itrepleh, mi zatipke fah teekta.

Generally SVO, some inflection but mostly isolating, in an Indo-European pattern. Prepositions are significant. "i" appears to be an imperative marker.
Dan_ad_nauseam

Postby Jayan » Mon 03 Aug 2009 5:31 pm

philly_boy!!! I was wondering what happened to you!

Interesting conlang, but I liked the orthography for the other one better (I'm not a fan of capital letters in the middle of words. That's one of the reasons I hated Klingon)
Native/Fluent: English (on a good day :P)
Pursuing fluency: Dansk
Entertaining self with: 日本語
Up next: русский язык
Eventually: Gaeilge|Deutsch|Kiswahili|Suomi
Jayan

Postby Tikolm » Wed 13 Jun 2012 2:31 am

Any news here? This conlang sounds interesting, but it's apparently been inactive since 2009.
Native: English
Fluent: français
Basic: Cymraeg
Really basic: Español, lingua latīna
Conlangs (current): tikolmil, llyffws, Arliks, dilir
(Website is at http://risteq.net/ if you ever want to visit. It's supposed to be in 4 languages.)
Tikolm

Return to Conlangery