Have you ever traveled to another country?

The place for chat about anything not related to language.

Have you ever traveled to another country?

Yes, I actually have lived in more than one country
37%
Yes, I live near the border, so I go often
7%
Yes, I've been to another country at least once
47%
No, but I've always wanted to go
9%
No, and I'm happy where I am now
No votes

Total votes : 43

Re: Have you ever traveled to another country?

Postby Talib » Sat 25 Jul 2009 4:30 am

Sobekhotep wrote:Czech Republic is one of my favorite nations in Europe.
I think it's very underrated, except by atheists and people who like beer.
Amsterdam? ;) 8-)
There's that.

I have actually wanted to live in Amsterdam since I was a kid, long before I knew about soft drugs. It's just such a cool place. It's a haven for bicycling liberal hipsters like me.
العربية * 中文 * English * Français * Русский * Português * Español * हिन्दी/اردو * Deutsch * 日本語
Talib

Postby formiko » Sat 25 Jul 2009 8:51 am

Talib wrote:except by atheists and people who like beer.

I know about their fine beer, but I didn't know they were a haven for atheists....?
ᏙᏒᏓᎵ ᏗᏑᎶ ᎭᏫ
formiko

Postby Talib » Sat 25 Jul 2009 7:33 pm

The Czech Republic is one of the least religious countries in Europe, along with Estonia.
العربية * 中文 * English * Français * Русский * Português * Español * हिन्दी/اردو * Deutsch * 日本語
Talib

Postby Sobekhotep » Mon 27 Jul 2009 4:42 am

formiko wrote:
Sobekhotep wrote:Czech Republic is one of my favorite nations in Europe.

What makes the Czech republic so great? (I'm not being facetious, it's just that everyone says that)

I don't know. I've never atcually been there. It just seems like a cool nation.
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby Aigars » Fri 07 Aug 2009 3:05 pm

I have lived in Latvia, been in Estonia and Lithuania numerous times, all around Poland also, once in Slovakia, Prague, Norway, Belgium, Luxembourg, twice in Paris, once in London, spent 2 weeks driving all around Iceland, One week in Georgia where we also drove to every corner of the country with a native, personal guide (a friend of my mother's) actually it was 2 weeks before the war with Russia in 2008, and several times in Austria, Germany and Sweden as I live in Denmark now. :)
Aigars

Postby linguoboy » Fri 07 Aug 2009 3:25 pm

formiko wrote:What makes the Czech republic so great? (I'm not being facetious, it's just that everyone says that)

I've only been there once, but I found the people really great. A lot of times, you find that those who have lived through totalitarianism have had the humanity beaten out of them, but not the Czechs. I found them friendly and easy-going--more so than the (West) Germans I'd been living with for a year before visiting Prague. I think I've already told my story about the helpful lady at the Vyšehrad cemetery who showed me the way to Dvořak's tombstone. I had similar experiences wherever I went. I remember disputing a bill at a bar and, even though it turned out I was in the wrong, the owner was willing to give me the money back just to keep me happy. (I didn't take it.)

Given that, the good food, excellent beer, beautiful art, and stunning architecture are all, as we say, just gravy.
english*deutsch*nederlands*català*castellano*gaelainn*cymraeg*français*svenska*韓國말*漢語
linguoboy

Postby Twix93 » Fri 07 Aug 2009 7:48 pm

I live in UK and I have been to four foreign countries - USA once, France twice, Austria 5 times and Iceland once. Loved them all! And going to Italy in two weeks! I basically want to go to every country in the world :). The place where I really want to see is Greenland.

I have lived in Latvia, been in Estonia and Lithuania numerous times, all around Poland also, once in Slovakia, Prague, Norway, Belgium, Luxembourg, twice in Paris, once in London, spent 2 weeks driving all around Iceland, One week in Georgia where we also drove to every corner of the country with a native, personal guide (a friend of my mother's) actually it was 2 weeks before the war with Russia in 2008, and several times in Austria, Germany and Sweden as I live in Denmark now. :)

Wow :shock: that seems like the whole of Europe!
Native: English
Learning: German, Spanish, Mandarin Characters
Learning for holiday: Italian
Also interested in: Eskimo-Aleut languages, Finnish, Volapük, Lojban, Icelandic, Scandinavian
Twix93

Postby Aigars » Fri 07 Aug 2009 8:31 pm

I am also very happy with the conditions I grew up with.. :)
Aigars

Postby Sobekhotep » Sat 08 Aug 2009 4:25 am

Aigars wrote:One week in Georgia where we also drove to every corner of the country with a native, personal guide

Including Abkhazia & South Ossetia? :)
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby Ray » Sat 08 Aug 2009 5:38 pm

I live in the US. I've lived in Brazil. I've traveled to Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Uruguay, England, France, the Bahamas, and Italy.
Blog ~~~ Seja a mundança.
Ray

PreviousNext

Return to General chat