Hola a todo.

The place to introduce yourselves.

Hola a todo.

Postby Kotoba_Azul » Thu 23 Jul 2009 3:54 am

Hola! Me llamo Matthew, o Kotobasan. Tengo trece anos. Soy un estudiante del espanol, y tambien estadio japones. Mucho gusto!

En ingles:
Hi! My name is Matthew, but you can call me Kotobasan(Mr. Words, totally describes me). I am thirteen years old. I am a student of Spanish, and I am also studying Japanese. Nice to meet you!

I'm new to omniglot, so please be kind. I also am not as fully educated about linguistics as some of you may be, but I know alot and love talking about it, so I hope I fit in well!

I plan to know Spanish, French, Mandarin, and Japanese, by college. Anyone who can help me learn Kana, I would grately appreciate your assistance.

I'm also going to start making a CONLANG, pretty soon, simply bacause I've always wanted too. I am looking forward to whatever discussions I may hav e with you all.

I guess that's it. Hasta luego.
Languages, from most fluent to more recent: English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Mandarin.
Kotoba_Azul

Re: Hola a todo.

Postby dtp883 » Thu 23 Jul 2009 5:59 am

You have 13 anuses? Dude, that's gross! That's why accents are important. ;)

Haha, anyway Welcome to Omniglot!
¡Bienvenido al Omniglot!
Native: English (NW American)
Advanced: Spanish
Intermediate: French
Beginning: Arabic (MSA/Egyptian)
Some day: German
dtp883

Postby Talib » Thu 23 Jul 2009 6:04 am

أهلاً بك في هذا المنتدى
Welcome to the forum.

That's a good selection of languages: two widely spoken but relatively easy languages (Spanish and French) and two harder but also very useful languages (Chinese and Japanese), especially for business.
العربية * 中文 * English * Français * Русский * Português * Español * हिन्दी/اردو * Deutsch * 日本語
Talib

Postby Sean of the Dead » Thu 23 Jul 2009 6:19 am

Spanish, French, Mandarin, Japanese?!?! Wow you don't have any fun languages or languages that not eveybody learns. :roll: :P

I welcome you, but before I can respect you, you'll need some better languages on that list. ;)
Sean of the Dead

Postby dtp883 » Thu 23 Jul 2009 7:59 am

Sean of the Dead wrote:Spanish, French, Mandarin, Japanese?!?! Wow you don't have any fun languages or languages that not eveybody learns. :roll: :P

I welcome you, but before I can respect you, you'll need some better languages on that list. ;)

Lol, I have to agree, I mean look at my sig.

In my opinion Hebrew, at least among linguist and amateurs like us, is also a very very common language that is learned.
Native: English (NW American)
Advanced: Spanish
Intermediate: French
Beginning: Arabic (MSA/Egyptian)
Some day: German
dtp883

Postby Sean of the Dead » Thu 23 Jul 2009 8:55 am

Yeah but you have Icelandic, which not many learn, and even less learn Ladino. ;) 8-)
Sean of the Dead

Postby kaenif » Thu 23 Jul 2009 12:02 pm

歡迎你來Omniglot討論區 :D
Welcome to the Omniglot Forum!

I'm also learning Japanese (for a long time), but I'm still working on the basics because of my laziness. :P
Can you recognise this character?
Nope, it's not shāng. It is a 囧 with a hat which 囧ed its chin off!
囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧!
kaenif

Postby ILuvEire » Thu 23 Jul 2009 6:24 pm

Omniglotへようこそ!

Another Japanese learner is always welcome. :)
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
ILuvEire

Postby Sobekhotep » Thu 23 Jul 2009 11:44 pm

Kotoba_Azul wrote:Hola! Me llamo Matthew, o Kotobasan. Tengo trece anos. Soy un estudiante del espanol, y tambien estadio japones. Mucho gusto!

En ingles:
Hi! My name is Matthew, but you can call me Kotobasan(Mr. Words, totally describes me). I am thirteen years old. I am a student of Spanish, and I am also studying Japanese. Nice to meet you!

I'm new to omniglot, so please be kind. I also am not as fully educated about linguistics as some of you may be, but I know alot and love talking about it, so I hope I fit in well!

I plan to know Spanish, French, Mandarin, and Japanese, by college. Anyone who can help me learn Kana, I would grately appreciate your assistance.

I'm also going to start making a CONLANG, pretty soon, simply bacause I've always wanted too. I am looking forward to whatever discussions I may hav e with you all.

I guess that's it. Hasta luego.

Welcome to the Omniglot forum!
If you're struggling to learn kana you may want to get this book

Sean of the Dead wrote:Spanish, French, Mandarin, Japanese?!?! Wow you don't have any fun languages or languages that not eveybody learns. :roll: :P

I would argue that Japanese is tons of fun. I would also argue that neither Mandarin or Japanese are as common as you seem to think.
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby Kotoba_Azul » Fri 24 Jul 2009 12:58 am

Thanks for such a warm welcome! I would like to argue on my behalf that Japanese IS fun, and definately NOT everyone learns it. :D

Also, about the whole, "anus" thing... How does one type an accented letter anyway? I'm not good with keyboards. O.O

P.S. Sean o' the dead, what would YOU recommend as far as unusual languages go?
Languages, from most fluent to more recent: English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Mandarin.
Kotoba_Azul

Next

Return to Introductions