Wi-Fi

The place for chat about anything not related to language.

Have you ever used a neighbor's unsecured Wi-Fi Internet connection?

No, I've never used any Wi-Fi connection
14%
No, my neighbors secure their Wi-Fi
38%
No, my neighbors don't have a Wi-Fi router
5%
No, I could, but I'd rather use my own connection
19%
Yes, I've used it before
19%
Yes, I'm using it right now
5%

Total votes : 21

Re: Wi-Fi

Postby Delodephius » Sat 04 Jul 2009 12:09 am

I live in Serbia. :roll:

And I can't really imagine how piracy could be fought. Most policemen in my country don't know how to use a computer. How are they going to track us down then? 8-)

And I personally don't see it as bad. Most of the stuff people download is produced in the West. :mrgreen:
- Latina Ἑλληνική संस्कृतम् पाळि עִבְרִית پارسيک الفصحى 文言 Norrœnt
https://sites.google.com/site/sophologia/
Delodephius

Postby ILuvEire » Sat 04 Jul 2009 3:14 am

Oh, you're hurting my poor ignorant ears! Free software? Nej, I buy all my software at full price. Well, honestly, I can't even remember when I bought any software, but if I was to buy it, I'd buy it for full price. I'm too scared of the heavy fines. :oops:
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
ILuvEire

Postby Declan » Sat 04 Jul 2009 6:05 pm

I use mainly free software, almost entirely actually, bar Windows which I boot into occasionally. In fact I hate, despise, using any software that limits me in any way, shape or form (iTunes + iPod etc.), so I avoid it like the plague.

As for how to track it, through the ISPs. Torrents are particularly easy to spot (high upload).
Native: English
Very good: Irish
Reasonable: German, French
Very basic: Latin.
Declan

Postby Neqitan » Sat 04 Jul 2009 7:45 pm

Haha, do you ever remember what I told you about El Salvador in the old forum? :lol:

In El Salvador THERE'S NO WAY you can get movies LEGALLY. The last large company in El Salvador, Blockbuster, left ~3 years ago and the smaller ones ended up closing about one year and a half ago. I luckily got to buy a lot of their stuff at extremely cheap prices during those days. :roll:

Pirating movies and having pirated movies is something so common and so well socially accepted, I don't even know how the government once thought it could fight it off. (Four years ago they proposed to ban it, logically, there were marches against the proposal in the following days. :P )

Delodephius wrote:Is there any other kind? I don't remember buying any legal software since... wait, I never bought any legal software in my life now that I think about it. And I haven't bought any software for years now. I download everything for free like everyone else does.

Having never bought software legally is pretty common too. These Americans have no idea how things are in the third world, have they? :lol:
Neqitan

Postby Delodephius » Sat 04 Jul 2009 8:09 pm

No, not a clue. The law of gravity too operates a bit differently here btw. :lol:
Delodephius

Postby Sobekhotep » Mon 06 Jul 2009 5:03 am

Neqitan wrote:These Americans have no idea how things are in the third world

Delodephius wrote:No, not a clue. The law of gravity too operates a bit differently here btw. :lol:

Well, I certainly wouldn't consider Serbia (at least I know your nation) to be "third world", which is an obsolete term anyway. "Developing nation" is the prefered term. Serbia has a high Human Development Index.
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby Neqitan » Mon 06 Jul 2009 6:01 am

Sobekhotep wrote:...to be "third world", which is an obsolete term anyway. "Developing nation" is the prefered term.

"Third world", "developing world"...

Same shit, different names.

:p

About my bad language, I got the idea from Narcy's last video. lol
Neqitan

Postby Delodephius » Mon 06 Jul 2009 7:40 am

Serbia is the Forth World if you ask me. And I don't mean it's a part of the Fourth World, it is the Forth World! :lol:

PS: In Serbia there is no concept of PC (Political Correctness) so you don't have to worry about using the "right" words.
Delodephius

Postby Talib » Mon 06 Jul 2009 8:56 am

Neqitan wrote:"Third world", "developing world"...

Same shit, different names.

:p
Not exactly. The First World is the developed Western world, the Second the Communist countries and the Third everywhere else. So it's an international relations term more than referring to the level of economic development. But with the fall of the Soviet Union and the retreat of Communism in pretty much everywhere, it's hard to see how this term is relevant any longer. Thus we say the more inclusive "developing world" or Global South.
العربية * 中文 * English * Français * Русский * Português * Español * हिन्दी/اردو * Deutsch * 日本語
Talib

Postby Sobekhotep » Tue 07 Jul 2009 1:52 am

Talib wrote:"developing world" or Global South.

Minus Australia & New Zealand, of course. :D
Maybe also Seychelles, Mauritius, Argentina, Uruguay, & Chile.
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

PreviousNext

Return to General chat