Happy Birthday

If you would like names, words or short phrases transliterated or translated, this is the place to make your requests.

Re: Happy Birthday

Postby ILuvEire » Fri 12 Jun 2009 6:19 pm

Here's what I found for Danish:

I dag er det din fødelsedag
Hurra, hurra, hurra!
Du sikkert dig en gave får,
som du ønsket dig i år,
og dejlig chokolade med/og kager til.

Translation:
Today it's your birthday
Hurra, hurra, hurra!
You're probably going to recieve a preset,
That you've wished for this year
And delicious chocolate and cakes to go with it!
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
ILuvEire

Postby Jayan » Sat 13 Jun 2009 9:37 pm

ILuvEire wrote:Here's what I found for Danish:

I dag er det din fødelsedag
Hurra, hurra, hurra!
Du sikkert dig en gave får,
som du ønsket dig i år,
og dejlig chokolade med/og kager til.

Translation:
Today it's your birthday
Hurra, hurra, hurra!
You're probably going to recieve a preset,
That you've wished for this year
And delicious chocolate and cakes to go with it!

Tak! *rushes off to find the melody* :P
Native/Fluent: English (on a good day :P)
Pursuing fluency: Dansk
Entertaining self with: 日本語
Up next: русский язык
Eventually: Gaeilge|Deutsch|Kiswahili|Suomi
Jayan

Postby Sobekhotep » Sat 13 Jun 2009 10:26 pm

How come you guys like Danish so much? Swedish & Norwegian have the awesome tonal accents. :P
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby ILuvEire » Mon 15 Jun 2009 3:08 am

Sobekhotep wrote:How come you guys like Danish so much? Swedish & Norwegian have the awesome tonal accents. :P

I don't understand stød, so I speak Danish with tones. I've been told that it makes me sound like a farmer. :)

Anyway, I studied Norwegian in January, and I just prefer the sound of Danish. I'm slowly gaining a passive knowledge of Swedish too, because I absolutely love how it sounds (but written Danish is much better).
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
ILuvEire

Postby Jayan » Tue 16 Jun 2009 4:24 pm

Sobekhotep wrote:How come you guys like Danish so much? Swedish & Norwegian have the awesome tonal accents.

I love Danish because I am part Danish (and it's really probably the only part of my heritage I embrace fully :? ). I've also just fallen in love with the sound of the language itself.

ILuvEire wrote:I don't understand stød, so I speak Danish with tones. I've been told that it makes me sound like a farmer.

OMG! :lol: Isn't that like Molboernes accent?! You're gonna want to drop that eventually if you want to be taken seriously :P I have a relative who's a ferryman and he talk like that sometimes (very difficult to understand...of course the fact he's 80 doesn't help either)
Jayan

Postby ILuvEire » Tue 16 Jun 2009 10:10 pm

Jayan wrote:
ILuvEire wrote:I don't understand stød, so I speak Danish with tones. I've been told that it makes me sound like a farmer.

OMG! :lol: Isn't that like Molboernes accent?! You're gonna want to drop that eventually if you want to be taken seriously :P I have a relative who's a ferryman and he talk like that sometimes (very difficult to understand...of course the fact he's 80 doesn't help either)

:) Yes, it's awful. Nice people say I sound like I have a Norwegian or Swedish accent. Rude people say I sound like a redneck farmer.

I know I should drop the tones, but then I'd have to use stoed, and that's hard.

I wonder, could I speak without tones or stoed?
ILuvEire

Postby Epp » Wed 17 Jun 2009 4:08 pm

ILuvEire wrote:I wonder, could I speak without tones or stoed?
Most of the foreigners I know in Norway just stick to one of the tones and use that one in all instances. I don't think this is bad, though. I know a girl from the Netherlands who has been living in Norway for five years or something. Her grammar and vocabulary are flawless - when I read something she has written there is no way I could tell she's a non-native, but when she speaks, I notice it because of the tones. It is almost impossible to get a native accent in any foreign language after you have passed a certain age, so I wouldn't focus too much on it. You're perfectly intelligible anyway.
But, but; it's not only-only, you know!
Epp

Postby Sobekhotep » Wed 17 Jun 2009 10:24 pm

Jayan wrote:
Sobekhotep wrote:How come you guys like Danish so much? Swedish & Norwegian have the awesome tonal accents.

I love Danish because I am part Danish (and it's really probably the only part of my heritage I embrace fully :? )

Okay, that makes sense. That makes you a "heritage learner".
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby Jayan » Thu 18 Jun 2009 1:38 am

ILuvEire wrote:I know I should drop the tones, but then I'd have to use stoed, and that's hard.

Again, you would still be understood, but that's another dialect (for a small country Denmark has alot of them :roll: ). It would mark you as a foreigner as you're too young to have grown up speaking a dialect like that. I actually use too many stød, apparently; you can borrow some of mine :P :lol:
Jayan

Postby ILuvEire » Thu 18 Jun 2009 3:42 am

Jayan wrote:
ILuvEire wrote:I know I should drop the tones, but then I'd have to use stoed, and that's hard.

Again, you would still be understood, but that's another dialect (for a small country Denmark has alot of them :roll: ). It would mark you as a foreigner as you're too young to have grown up speaking a dialect like that. I actually use too many stød, apparently; you can borrow some of mine :P :lol:

Lol! I wonder, does the Jylland dialect use stød? Fordi a kan taler det. A little bit. :P That's just another version of farmer I guess. XD

I know there's stød on the indefinite article, do you know the rules? Are there rules?
ILuvEire

PreviousNext

Return to Translation requests