Invented a new or using the old languages (Question)

The place to discuss your conlangs and conlanging.

Invented a new or using the old languages (Question)

Postby Dalvemanna » Mon 01 Jun 2009 9:01 pm

Dear readers,

Since some time, I am speaking, thinking or writing in a language, which I have not heard of anyone speaking it aside from me; however, since experts on a very large variety of languages are present in this forum, to one of you this language might sound similar or the same as those he or she is familiar with, so I thought this to be a good way of finding out whether I invented it or it is already existing.

The First example:
One writes:
Na jäjä tami, ja atui lamä. Kee ka-mimui tuje-sa, elaja (insert name in dative) kaa-sa naua rhiu.Mam'-ke-lälaa-na läli memeni ta. Amu-mu-ke.
One reads:
nʌ ʝæʝæ tʌmi, ʝʌ ʌtui ʟamæ. ke kʌmimui tuʝɘsa, ɘlɑʟaʝa ka-sa naʍa ɺiu. mʌm-kɘ-ʟæʟa nʌ tʌm mɘmɘni ʟæʟi. ʌmumukɘ.

Possibly translated as(word by word):
They will come, to kill youse. you(accusative) not find could I, death (name in dative) have-I brought therefore. Follow(vocative) you us (na=Exclamation Mark) our place to.

Possibly translated as:
The will come to kill you. I couldn’t find you, so I have killed (name). Follow us to our place!

The second example:

One writes:
N'emīc 'na'ećli n'arúeclā'će; ucaya n'emīc 'na'ćli n'arūé, nu cāinšu ārūé. N'emīc 'na'rui ćāmulanc'arūé, fiuc'na tshji, yuellu'nê'xirru'na'eviša tshjic dirruwanūacä. Cennu ķiğă n'arūé.
Cudjă n'emīc 'na'ećli n'arūé, n'ïćena hăi'na’yi uăcālūé.

One reads:
ǁɘmis na’ækʟɘ ǁaɺuʍækʟakɘ; isa*a ǁemis na’ækʟɘ ǁaɺuɰæ, ni saaenʂʝi aaɺuʍæ. ǁɘmis na’ækʟɘ aɺuʍækʟakɘ. ǁɘmis naɺuɘ kaamuʟansaaɺuʍæ, ɸɘis na ǃʂʝɘ, *i’æʃineevɘrina’æpɘʂʝa ǃʂʝɘs ɖɘrinu̬u’asææ.Sen’ni ʛɘnʛʂʝkʉ ǁaɺuʍæ.
Siʝaǁɘmi̬is na’ækʟɘ ǁaɺuɰæ, ǁɨkæna hʊɘna*ɘ jʊsa̤aʟuʍee

Possibly translated as(word by word):
name of „The Unique“ have come-I; life name of me is-it, because curative am-I. Name of-him prescribed-are-you, god-of-yours, darkness-out of-light-into-eternal you has-lead-you-in-bygone-times-he. Of he rain-the is-it. Iciness name of me is-it. through-me(because-of-me) faith-of-yours freeze-will-it.

Possibly translated as:
I have come in the name The Unique; My name is life, because I am curative. You are prescribed to his name, the name of your god, who has lead you from the darkness into eternal light. His is the rain. My Name is iciness, because through me your faith will freeze.

*=spoken as if you would like to absorb the air, similar to the sound when one is burning oneself.

I hope someone can help me with this matter.

My Regards,
Dalvemanna
Mother Tongue: Deutsch
Fluently: English
Basic extended: 日本語
Unprofound conversation: Italiano, Suomi, Norsk(+understanding Dansk/Svenska)
Introduction: Bahasa Indonesia/Basa Jawa a.o.
Conlangs: Cusanahusa, Sayama and Sayama Veeni
Dalvemanna

Re: Invented a new or using the old languages (Question)

Postby Declan » Mon 01 Jun 2009 10:17 pm

Dalvemanna wrote:Since some time, I am speaking, thinking or writing in a language, which I have not heard of anyone speaking it aside from me;

Well how did you "learn" it? If you learned it from someone, that's a bit oxymoronic, so that would imply that you created it. Have you forgotten?
Native: English
Very good: Irish
Reasonable: German, French
Very basic: Latin.
Declan

Postby Jayan » Mon 01 Jun 2009 11:01 pm

Are you like trying to freak us out or something? Those examples are really...weird...are all things you're saying in this language like that?

I don't recognise the language, but its writing makes it look like a conlang.

How on earth are your thinking, etc. and analyzing grammatically a language you never consciously learned? Surely someone taught you or you would know if you made it up yourself.
Native/Fluent: English (on a good day :P)
Pursuing fluency: Dansk
Entertaining self with: 日本語
Up next: русский язык
Eventually: Gaeilge|Deutsch|Kiswahili|Suomi
Jayan

Postby Dalvemanna » Mon 01 Jun 2009 11:16 pm

Are you like trying to freak us out or something? Those examples are really...weird...are all things you're saying in this language like that?

I don't recognise the language, but its writing makes it look like a conlang.

How on earth are your thinking, etc. and analyzing grammatically a language you never consciously learned? Surely someone taught you or you would know if you made it up yourself.

Heh. No, I am not trying to freak you out, I was just wondering whether those might exist; judging from your post and the one of Declan, I can now be rather sure it's a conlang. I assumed that before, however, looking at the variety of already existing languages, I'd like to assure it really is.

Heh, I am thinking difficult, I guess. The mere translation is rather easy: I'm just looking at a sentence and I know how to translate it, or I'm just thinking it and I know the translation afterwards. Analyzing the grammar then is not the most difficult part, too, as one just has to figure out what a word means and in what time or case it is written in.

I shall post more, or further information on the language tomorrow or the next days, then.
Dalvemanna

Postby Neqitan » Tue 02 Jun 2009 12:19 am

Yeah, how did you learn that then?!?

Plus, you obviously know some linguistics: reading IPA, glossing. Please explain me the joke because I don't get it. :P

About your conlang, it's nice to see you're using /ʟ/. It's one of the least used phonemes in conlangs, ever.
Neqitan

Postby dtp883 » Tue 02 Jun 2009 6:53 am

No offence but this thread is kind of creepy. Are you one of those Christians that has to speak in tongues? Or a Satanist? The sentences seem rather religious from how i read them...?
Native: English (NW American)
Advanced: Spanish
Intermediate: French
Beginning: Arabic (MSA/Egyptian)
Some day: German
dtp883

Postby Dalvemanna » Tue 02 Jun 2009 1:32 pm

dtp883 wrote:No offence but this thread is kind of creepy. Are you one of those Christians that has to speak in tongues? Or a Satanist? The sentences seem rather religious from how i read them...?

The rather religious semblance is reasoned by those two sentences being excerpts of a book I wrote; they're therein stand the view of some persons, which are not related to my own personality, but invented to dramatise the story and to thrill the reader. There are other people using this language throughout the book, but their statements didn't seem exemplifying to me.
I can therefore ease your worries: I am no fanatic religious person, neither Christian, nor Satanist. I am sort of religious, but tend not to show it in the public; I also am pacifist, of sorts.

Neqitan wrote:Plus, you obviously know some linguistics: reading IPA, glossing. Please explain me the joke because I don't get it.
About your conlang, it's nice to see you're using /ʟ/. It's one of the least used phonemes in conlangs, ever.

It's not actually meant to be a joke; the IPA seemed sort of necessary as the explanation or rewriting in English seemed to be rather difficult, even impossible, to me.
Thank you for the compliment,.:)
Dalvemanna

Postby Declan » Tue 02 Jun 2009 11:52 pm

Neqitan wrote:Please explain me the joke because I don't get it. :P

WHS!
Native: English
Very good: Irish
Reasonable: German, French
Very basic: Latin.
Declan

Postby Neqitan » Wed 03 Jun 2009 4:33 pm

Declan wrote:
Neqitan wrote:Please explain me the joke because I don't get it. :P

WHS!

I think he/she is just playing with us, to make the conlang more interesting. :)
Neqitan

Postby Dalvemanna » Wed 03 Jun 2009 9:03 pm

Heh, that's actually not true, but it might seem so, as I started this a bit "weird".
I assume it's a rather simple language, I shall post the grammar matters here as soon as I found the time to translate everything into English to "demystify" all of this.
Dalvemanna

Next

Return to Conlangery