Hullo (:

The place to introduce yourselves.

Hullo (:

Postby StorSteg » Tue 26 May 2009 9:23 pm

Hiya! My name's Michael, and I was signed up on the old forum as HappoKaunis486, I think... well, it was something of the sort with the word Kaunis and the numbers 486.

I'm pretty into linguistics for a middle-school student ^.^ but the art of languages really attracts me. I'm fluent in English (of course), Portuguese, and somewhat Swedish and Cambodian. I have a limited grasp on Danish, Norwegian, French, and Spanish. Right now, I'm in a Finnish phase.

In the old forum, I created a conlang called Melanian, which really didn't seem to go all that well. However, I've made some changes and hopefully brushed off enough dust. So after I put some finishing touches to the grammar and all that jazz, I'll be posting it in the Conlangs section!
StorSteg

Re: Hullo (:

Postby ILuvEire » Tue 26 May 2009 10:03 pm

Welcome welcome! Another Danish enthusiast, we've got quite a few now. :) Jayan and I are learning Danish, and there was someone else...

Anyway, welcome back to the forum! Make yourself at home. :D
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
ILuvEire

Postby Sean of the Dead » Tue 26 May 2009 10:43 pm

Whale cum* to Omniglot!

So, how well do you speak the other languages, like Portuguese, Swedish, and Cambodian? Beginner, intermediate, advanced, ??
How long have you been been interested in languages, and what started it?

Also, we need more Basque-lovers. ;) :lol:

*Stolen from http://www.fpsbanana.com/ :D
Sean of the Dead

Postby rickardspaghetti » Tue 26 May 2009 11:38 pm

Hur lärde du dig svenska?
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。
rickardspaghetti

Postby StorSteg » Tue 26 May 2009 11:47 pm

Sean of the Dead wrote:Whale cum* to Omniglot!

So, how well do you speak the other languages, like Portuguese, Swedish, and Cambodian? Beginner, intermediate, advanced, ??
How long have you been been interested in languages, and what started it?

Also, we need more Basque-lovers. ;) :lol:

*Stolen from http://www.fpsbanana.com/ :D

Portuguese - Intermediate
Swedish - Beginner / Kindergarten level
Cambodian - Although it's part of my heritage, I'm not the most fluent person compared to the older generations of my family ^^;;

I've been interested in languages since I was..... let's see... O_O nine years old actually. Right now, there's two months until I officially become a teenager *happy dance* So it's been almost four years.

rickardspaghetti wrote:Hur lärde du dig svenska?

Jag lärde svenska genom musik. Den första sjunger jag lyssnade till var Veronica Maggio, som är superbra, jag måste säger. Då, jag ville lära mer, så jag gick till en sida som heter http://onlineswedish.com Denna sida är mycket bra producerade. :D

Förlåt mig, min Svenska är inte den bästa ^^;; men jag ska verka på det!
StorSteg

Postby Jayan » Wed 27 May 2009 12:44 am

ILuvEire wrote:Welcome welcome! Another Danish enthusiast, we've got quite a few now. :) Jayan and I are learning Danish, and there was someone else...

Anyway, welcome back to the forum! Make yourself at home. :D

Yeah, we need to start a fan club or something :P . Oh, and the other one was Kristie.

Welcome to the forum Michael!
Native/Fluent: English (on a good day :P)
Pursuing fluency: Dansk
Entertaining self with: 日本語
Up next: русский язык
Eventually: Gaeilge|Deutsch|Kiswahili|Suomi
Jayan

Postby StorSteg » Wed 27 May 2009 1:35 am

^_^ Thank you. So, does anybody have any tips on creating a conlang? I mean, I'm in the process of creating one right now, but is there any way I can hit every wall?
StorSteg

Postby dtp883 » Wed 27 May 2009 4:48 am

StorSteg wrote:Right now, there's two months until I officially become a teenager *happy dance* So it's been almost four years.

12, Wow, you might be the youngest forum member.
Native: English (NW American)
Advanced: Spanish
Intermediate: French
Beginning: Arabic (MSA/Egyptian)
Some day: German
dtp883

Postby Epp » Thu 28 May 2009 4:39 pm

StorSteg wrote:[...] and somewhat Swedish [..] I have a limited grasp on Danish, Norwegian [...]
I would stick to Swedish (or one of the other - Norwegian? :P) if I were you - doing all three is like doing both American and British English (not a perfect example, they're not THAT similar, but you get the point), you're doomed to mix them up and end up with some weird hybrid language :lol:
Last edited by Epp on Thu 28 May 2009 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But, but; it's not only-only, you know!
Epp

Postby linguoboy » Thu 28 May 2009 4:41 pm

StorSteg wrote:^_^ Thank you. So, does anybody have any tips on creating a conlang? I mean, I'm in the process of creating one right now, but is there any way I can hit every wall?

If you're not already familiar with Mark Rosenfelder's Language Construction Kit, read it immediately. In fact, even if you are, read through it again just for good measure.
english*deutsch*nederlands*català*castellano*gaelainn*cymraeg*français*svenska*韓國말*漢語
linguoboy

Next

Return to Introductions