Howdy!

The place to introduce yourselves.

Re: Howdy!

Postby Kristie » Sun 17 May 2009 11:58 pm

dtp883 wrote:
Kristie wrote:However I am the most passionate about serving God and living life for Him as best as I can through His strength and what He tells me to do through the reading of the Bible. :D

I'm not trying to be rude but I don't see what relevance this has on a language forum. Especially when Jesus or God says to be humble and not boast about how religious you are.

"Those who pray and brag of their holiness will not have a seat in heaven for they already have received their reward"

Thanks, I'm not trying to be rude either. However I understood this to simply be a nice little page for introductions and for getting to know about the people using this forum. If I said I was passionate about baking pizzas would that have been out of line, too? I said nothing about religious superiority. I said I believe in God. Not that I go to Church 6 times a week and am involved in 12 different programs at/for the Church. I'm sorry if I offend you. If this is the case, please don't read my postings :)
Kristie

Postby Kristie » Mon 18 May 2009 12:06 am

Declan wrote:
dtp883 wrote:
Kristie wrote:However I am the most passionate about serving God and living life for Him as best as I can through His strength and what He tells me to do through the reading of the Bible. :D

I'm not trying to be rude but I don't see what relevance this has on a language forum. Especially when Jesus or God says to be humble and not boast about how religious you are.

Or what relevance it has end of story. Surely your life is more than just your religious beliefs?

What languages do you speak or are learning then?

God IS my relevance in life, thanks :) I would be happy to tell you why, however I seem to be making enough friends as it is, by simply introducing myself (as others have done).

I am fluent in American English, 3 yrs. Spanish, 3 yrs. French, 2 yrs. German, Russian, Greek, Hebrew, Danish, Salish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese,American Sign Language, Cherokee. I am very interested in Native American Languages and study those when I have half a chance. I also greatly enjoy researching lesser known languages and writing systems as well as Historical Linguistics and Semantics. :)
Kristie

Postby Neqitan » Mon 18 May 2009 12:24 am

Kristie wrote:Thanks, I'm not trying to be rude either. However I understood this to simply be a nice little page for introductions and for getting to know about the people using this forum. If I said I was passionate about baking pizzas would that have been out of line, too?

Funnily, I think no one would have said anything. Religion is such a delicate topic... :roll:
Neqitan

Postby dtp883 » Mon 18 May 2009 1:05 am

Kristie wrote:Thanks, I'm not trying to be rude either. However I understood this to simply be a nice little page for introductions and for getting to know about the people using this forum. If I said I was passionate about baking pizzas would that have been out of line, too? I said nothing about religious superiority. I said I believe in God. Not that I go to Church 6 times a week and am involved in 12 different programs at/for the Church. I'm sorry if I offend you. If this is the case, please don't read my postings :)

No, I'm not offended. I just think religion in general should be, especially if you are passionate about it, a very personal relationship between you and God. But you're right this is the introduction forum so feel free to say what ever you want about yourself. :)
Native: English (NW American)
Advanced: Spanish
Intermediate: French
Beginning: Arabic (MSA/Egyptian)
Some day: German
dtp883

Postby Jayan » Mon 18 May 2009 1:14 am

Woot woot! another Danish learner joins the ranks! :lol: :P
Native/Fluent: English (on a good day :P)
Pursuing fluency: Dansk
Entertaining self with: 日本語
Up next: русский язык
Eventually: Gaeilge|Deutsch|Kiswahili|Suomi
Jayan

Postby ILuvEire » Mon 18 May 2009 4:39 am

Kristie wrote:I am fluent in American English, 3 yrs. Spanish, 3 yrs. French, 2 yrs. German, Russian, Greek, Hebrew, Danish, Salish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese,American Sign Language, Cherokee. I am very interested in Native American Languages and study those when I have half a chance. I also greatly enjoy researching lesser known languages and writing systems as well as Historical Linguistics and Semantics. :)

Marry me! :lol:

This is great, another signer and another Danish learner, that makes three of us each!
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
ILuvEire

Postby Sean of the Dead » Mon 18 May 2009 4:59 am

ILuvEire wrote:
Kristie wrote:I am fluent in American English, 3 yrs. Spanish, 3 yrs. French, 2 yrs. German, Russian, Greek, Hebrew, Danish, Salish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese,American Sign Language, Cherokee. I am very interested in Native American Languages and study those when I have half a chance. I also greatly enjoy researching lesser known languages and writing systems as well as Historical Linguistics and Semantics. :)

Marry me! :lol:

This is great, another signer and another Danish learner, that makes three of us each!

You can have her, way too religious for me. :P :lol:
Sean of the Dead

Postby ILuvEire » Mon 18 May 2009 8:28 am

Sean, did I ever tell you how kind and welcoming you are to the new members? :lol:
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
ILuvEire

Postby Neqitan » Mon 18 May 2009 4:20 pm

I hope one of these days he'll have some respect to others, and that saying he's supposedly a languages lover. :roll:
Neqitan

Postby Sobekhotep » Mon 18 May 2009 6:44 pm

Kristie wrote:Hey everybody!
Needless to say my name is Kristie, and I study any, every and all language grammars, dictionaries or informative articles on languages I can get my hands on! I love writing research papers on languages, especially if there is little known about them/it. :) I love talking about languages and having discussions about them for mutual edification. 8-) :D

However I am the most passionate about serving God and living life for Him as best as I can through His strength and what He tells me to do through the reading of the Bible. :D

Welcome to the Omniglot forum!
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions