Language Puzzle(s)

If you've spotted anything on Omniglot that needs correcting, or have any suggestions for new material or how the site could be improved, this is the place to discuss them.

Language Puzzle(s)

Postby anna » Wed 13 May 2009 2:02 pm

I wasn't too sure where to put this, so I've opted for this section.

I have quite a good language puzzle, which I copied out of a university magazine ages ago. It's a good puzzle and kept me happily occupied for a peerie start. I have tried to contact the compiler of the puzzle, but without success. If anyone would like me to email them a copy, let me know, either via this forum or via a private message.

Does anyone have any other language puzzles? Is it worth starting a special section for them?
anna

Re: Language Puzzle(s)

Postby anna » Wed 13 May 2009 9:05 pm

I've had a request from someone but I don't know how to send a reply on the forum system. I've got my reply in the outbox but can't fathom out what to press to get it out of there and on its way. Too old! So, can you send me an email address for me to send the puzzle to - it's a Word document, and you'll get it as an attachment. It's OK for you to send the address via the forum - I can manage to open messages OK!
anna

Postby Jayan » Fri 15 May 2009 10:40 pm

If it's in your outbox, it has been sent :) . Being in the outbox just means the recipient hasn't read it yet.
Native/Fluent: English (on a good day :P)
Pursuing fluency: Dansk
Entertaining self with: 日本語
Up next: русский язык
Eventually: Gaeilge|Deutsch|Kiswahili|Suomi
Jayan

Postby anna » Sun 17 May 2009 12:09 am

Ah! Thanks, Jayan. Is it possible to attach a Word document to such a message? Not that anyone else seems interested, which is a pity.....
anna

Postby Jayan » Sun 17 May 2009 7:40 pm

Unfortunately, no, I don't think it's possible to attach Word docs to forum messages. You'd have to use email for that.

I'm sorry! I meant to ask for a copy in my last post, but I forgot. :oops: Could you send me one?
Native/Fluent: English (on a good day :P)
Pursuing fluency: Dansk
Entertaining self with: 日本語
Up next: русский язык
Eventually: Gaeilge|Deutsch|Kiswahili|Suomi
Jayan

Return to Corrections and suggestions