Hello World,I'm Reza.

The place to introduce yourselves.

Hello World,I'm Reza.

Postby Reza » Thu 31 Jan 2013 1:52 am

Hi Everyone I'm Reza from Iran,
I think it would be better if the introduction was in a single topic than everyone creating new one.

nevertheless, I'm very interested in language learning and other hand writings,actually when I found this site I was reading it four more than 6 hours,because it had answers to many of my questions.
My mother tongues are Persian, Azari(Turkish-> Azerbaijani) and Kurdish
Well i live in Iran and Tehran and my parents have azari origin and some of our relatives are kurd so when I started to talk, they kept teaching me just Persian and then two others but when I was 3 or 4 I could speak all of them because one of my grand mothers just spoke azari and another just spoke Kurdish,I started learning English at institute and kindergarten at age 5 or 6.at the age 15 or so, I started French.
now I can communicate with each of them, and trying to learn German and Japanese.
I'm quiet fancy of other hand writings and know much of them, except Chinese!
I always thought of creating a new language and I read some books about it ,I even have a diary in my invented handwriting ,in persian. but I didn't know that there are so many people out there that like this kind of work.now I stopped my constructed lang until I learn more about other exotic grammar and vocab :)
Reza

Re: Hello World,I'm Reza.

Postby linguoboy » Thu 31 Jan 2013 4:43 am

Reza wrote:My mother tongues are Persian, Azari(Turkish-> Azerbaijani) and Kurdish

Which variety of Kurdish? Kurmanji, Sorani, or something more exotic?
english*deutsch*nederlands*català*castellano*gaelainn*cymraeg*français*svenska*韓國말*漢語
linguoboy

Postby Reza » Thu 31 Jan 2013 12:31 pm

As many in Iran agree that Surani is on of the middle Kormanji langs but always it's misplaced,I should say what I know of kurdish is Mukeriyani,which is very influenced by Turkish Azari and Persian,even more than other middle Kormanji langs like Ardalani , Jafi ,Babani and Surani.

I already forgot to say that because I'm Muslim and Iranian I know pretty much of Arabic,but Arabic in conversations are far different than what I might speak :)
Reza

Postby linguoboy » Thu 31 Jan 2013 5:19 pm

Reza wrote:As many in Iran agree that Surani is on of the middle Kormanji langs but always it's misplaced,I should say what I know of kurdish is Mukeriyani,which is very influenced by Turkish Azari and Persian,even more than other middle Kormanji langs like Ardalani , Jafi ,Babani and Surani.

Your "Middle Kormanji" seems to correspond to what is commonly known as "Central Kurdish" in the West. That is, Mukriyani would be classified as a subvariety of Sorani.

So your relatives are from Mehabad?
english*deutsch*nederlands*català*castellano*gaelainn*cymraeg*français*svenska*韓國말*漢語
linguoboy

Postby Reza » Fri 01 Feb 2013 7:39 pm

Yes,Mahabad or Sablagh as it is known for domestic, you seem to be very familiar with Kurdish dialects and cities.
we classify Surani as one of the middle kormanji or as central Kurdish which is being used in suran area , Arbil in Iraq and ghaladaze and ravehnaduz. But I think because it was in western parts and has many literature and historical importance they refer always to Surani as a branch name.
Reza

Postby linguoboy » Fri 01 Feb 2013 7:56 pm

Reza wrote:Yes,Mahabad or Sablagh as it is known for domestic, you seem to be very familiar with Kurdish dialects and cities.

I'm a librarian; I know where to look things up.

Good to hear that the traditional name is still in use, if only informally.
linguoboy

Postby norskinoodle » Wed 13 Mar 2013 6:06 pm

Hi there!

I am in desperate need of your help! My iranian heritage best friend is getting married at the end of March. As a wedding present i am having a piece of art work made for her, with a quote by Rumi (her favourite poet).

The quote is "Only from the heart can you touch the sky". An iranian heritage friend (but born in the UK) has translated it for me as:

از دل میتونی به آسمان‌ها برسید

However the artist creating the artwork has written it backwards like this:

برسید‌ها آسمان میتونی دل از

The artist is Pakistani and does not speak Farsi, but he is insisting that his version is correct!

Please can you tell me which is right asap?

I am really sorry if i have posted this in the wrong thread. I am a bit desperate for an answer as the artist needs to complete the work before Friday. Thank you so so much for your help, it is greatly appreciated!

Very best wishes.
norskinoodle

Return to Introductions