Ciao

The place to introduce yourselves.

Ciao

Postby r_howie » Tue 05 May 2009 10:33 am

Ciao! I am originally from Italy but I have been living in Portugal for some time now.
(As you may or may not know, in Italian ciao is used both in the sense of "hello" and "goodbye". In foreign languages, however, it seems to have only retained the latter meaning.)
Italian, English, Portuguese
r_howie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri 01 May 2009 1:56 am
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: Ciao

Postby kaenif » Tue 05 May 2009 11:25 am

Ciao! (Actually I don't know Italian. :lol: )

Welcome to the Omniglot forum :D
Can you recognise this character?
Nope, it's not shāng. It is a 囧 with a hat which 囧ed its chin off!
囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧囧!
User avatar
kaenif
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 8:31 am
Location: Hong Kong SAR, People's Republic of China

Re: Ciao

Postby ILuvEire » Tue 05 May 2009 6:41 pm

Ciao, benvenuto nel Omniglot!!

Studio italiano, e penso che ci sono qualchi membri che parla italiano.

Hai detto che sei della Italia, ma non hai che parli italiano. La dici?
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
User avatar
ILuvEire
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 10:42 am
Location: Austin, TX, USA

Re: Ciao

Postby r_howie » Tue 05 May 2009 7:30 pm

ILuvEire wrote:Ciao, benvenuto nel Omniglot!!

Studio italiano, e penso che ci sono qualchi membri che parla italiano.

Hai detto che sei della Italia, ma non hai [detto] che parli italiano. La dici?

Grazie ILuvEire, e complimenti!
In effetti ero iscritto anche al vecchio forum, prima che si perdessero tutti i dati.
Anche se vivo all'estero, amo molto la mia lingua: la lingua in cui tutte le sillabe e tutte le parole (a parte particelle, preposizioni etc.) terminano con una dolce vocale, come per riposarsi. :)

Thank you ILuvEire, and congratulations!
Actually, I was registered on the old forum as well, before all data was lost.
Even though I live abroad, I love my language very much — the language where all syllables and words (apart from grammatical particles, prepositions etc.) always end with a sweet-sounding vowel, as if they wanted to rest. :)

Obrigado ILuvEire, muitos parabéns!
Efectivamente eu estava inscrito no antigo fórum também, antes que tudo fosse perdido.
Embora eu more no estrangeiro, amo muito a minha língua: a língua onde cada sílaba e palavra (tirando partículas, preposições etc.) termina com uma doce vogal, como para descansar. :)
Italian, English, Portuguese
r_howie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri 01 May 2009 1:56 am
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: Ciao

Postby Sobekhotep » Tue 05 May 2009 9:34 pm

r_howie wrote:Ciao! I am originally from Italy but I have been living in Portugal for some time now.
(As you may or may not know, in Italian ciao is used both in the sense of "hello" and "goodbye". In foreign languages, however, it seems to have only retained the latter meaning.)

Seja bem-vindo ao novo fórum!
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
User avatar
Sobekhotep
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 4:53 am
Location: America's Dairyland

Re: Ciao

Postby Neqitan » Wed 06 May 2009 1:10 am

Sobekhotep wrote:Seja bem-vindo ao novo fórum!

Eso que escribiste está en portugués, ¿verdad?
User avatar
Neqitan
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Fri 17 Apr 2009 9:59 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Ciao

Postby Talib » Wed 06 May 2009 1:47 am

أهلاً إلى المنتدى الجديد
Welcome to the new forum.
Neqitan wrote:
Sobekhotep wrote:Seja bem-vindo ao novo fórum!

Eso que escribiste está en portugués, ¿verdad?
يتكلم اللغة البرتغالية
He speaks Portuguese.

(Interesting note: The word for "Portuguese is burtughālī because the older word for Portugal [burtuqālī] now means "oranges." I guess Portugal was known for its oranges at one point. There is a similar word in Greek, I think, which might be how the word entered Arabic now I think of it.)

وأيضاً: آمل أن يقرأ العربية الذي أكتب بسبب لدينا قلة من المتعلمين
And also I hope that you read the Arabic I write because we have few learners.:)
العربية * 中文 * English * Français * Русский * Português * Español * हिन्दी/اردو * Deutsch * 日本語
Talib
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 8:22 am
Location: Canada

Re: Ciao

Postby Neqitan » Wed 06 May 2009 5:47 am

Talib wrote:
وأيضاً: آمل أن يقرأ العربية الذي أكتب بسبب لدينا قلة من المتعلمين
And also I hope that you read the Arabic I write because we have few learners.:)

I wish I could, but I can't, so I don't... :cry:
User avatar
Neqitan
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Fri 17 Apr 2009 9:59 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Ciao

Postby Sobekhotep » Wed 06 May 2009 7:59 pm

Neqitan wrote:
Sobekhotep wrote:Seja bem-vindo ao novo fórum!

Eso que escribiste está en portugués, ¿verdad?

Verdad. No hablo italiano... :P

Talib wrote:Interesting note: The word for "Portuguese is burtughālī because the older word for Portugal [burtuqālī] now means "oranges." I guess Portugal was known for its oranges at one point. There is a similar word in Greek, I think, which might be how the word entered Arabic now I think of it.

That is interesting!
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
User avatar
Sobekhotep
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 4:53 am
Location: America's Dairyland


Return to Introductions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest