Greetings.

The place to introduce yourselves.

Greetings.

Postby ryuurui » Sun 28 Aug 2011 7:42 pm

Hi all!

I am 36, living in Japan. I study Chinese and Japanese calligraphy, and anything that has to do with Chinese writing system. I am a member of few calligraphy organizations, as well as an active member of the classic literature research group in Tokyo. In spare time, I am a writer, poet, and ink painter.

I am currently creating sites devoted to calligraphy, you can find them here:

http://www.beyond-calligraphy.com/

http://www.beyondcalligraphy.com/

This however does not mean that I popped in here to drop one post and disappear. I look forward to discussions and information exchange on the subjects of Chinese writing system and oriental calligraphy.

Thanks,
Ryuu

p.s. Simon, thanks a lot for registering me.
ryuurui

Re: Greetings.

Postby gnunix » Mon 29 Aug 2011 12:06 am

Welcome to the forum, your work looks really good. Especially the sumi-e bamboo looks great.
I would love to see more of your work.
Native: Deutsch
Reasonably fluent: English
Intermediate: 日本語
Studying: 한국어, Fering, русский
Interested in: བོད་སྐད, संस्कृत, tiếng Việt, Suomi, العربية ,עברית and a lot more...
gnunix

Postby ryuurui » Mon 29 Aug 2011 1:41 am

Thanks, gnunix, I really appreciate it. I will upload more of my works to the gallery. I rarely paint sumi-e as I simply do not have the time. Calligraphy consumes the majority of it. I also work on a huge project regarding kanji etymology, where I intend to cover some 2100+ characters in separate articles. Few of them are already uploaded to the blog. This task simply eats my time in big chunks.
ryuurui

Postby spartacandream » Thu 08 Sep 2011 3:45 pm

Konnichiwa!

I'm glad you could join us!
spartacandream

Return to Introductions