panduram

The place to introduce yourselves.

panduram

Postby panduram » Sat 25 Apr 2009 10:43 am

Hi, Finally Panduram has arrived at this "new"forum. My native tongue is Dutch. But outside home and school Frisian was spoken. And an aunt from Montclair, NJ learned me American English. At school "Queens English" , German and French was added and by being arounf I picked up some Italian, Catalan, Castillano (and other Spanish accents), Arabic ( MSA, Yemeni, Maghrebi) Danish, Swedish, Hindustani (Hindi and Urdu) and Punjabi. I created MADRI, like the IPA it is a world wide compatible phonetic alphabet. You can find it at this site. Currently I'm working on a English version of my Madri Handbook and a didital version of all the letters. Besides all this I am interviewing neighbours, translating tales, writing songs. In a band I am the percussion man and a singer. My profession is nurse..... ;)
panduram

Re: panduram

Postby Jayan » Sat 25 Apr 2009 9:08 pm

Welcome!
Native/Fluent: English (on a good day :P)
Pursuing fluency: Dansk
Entertaining self with: 日本語
Up next: русский язык
Eventually: Gaeilge|Deutsch|Kiswahili|Suomi
Jayan

Postby Sobekhotep » Sat 25 Apr 2009 10:10 pm

panduram wrote:Hi, Finally Panduram has arrived at this "new"forum. My native tongue is Dutch. But outside home and school Frisian was spoken. And an aunt from Montclair, NJ learned me American English. At school "Queens English" , German and French was added and by being arounf I picked up some Italian, Catalan, Castillano (and other Spanish accents), Arabic ( MSA, Yemeni, Maghrebi) Danish, Swedish, Hindustani (Hindi and Urdu) and Punjabi. I created MADRI, like the IPA it is a world wide compatible phonetic alphabet. You can find it at this site. Currently I'm working on a English version of my Madri Handbook and a didital version of all the letters. Besides all this I am interviewing neighbours, translating tales, writing songs. In a band I am the percussion man and a singer. My profession is nurse..... ;)

Welcome to the Omniglot forum!
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby ILuvEire » Tue 28 Apr 2009 4:43 am

Benvenuto, benvenuto! Sai, se invia dell'info di frisone, sarebbe molta buona.
Welcome welcome! You know, if you posted some info about Frisian, that would be very cool.
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
ILuvEire

Return to Introductions