Ahoj

The place to introduce yourselves.

Re: Ahoj

Postby Sobekhotep » Tue 28 Apr 2009 9:39 pm

Neqitan wrote:Oh, he said Aztec or Mayan! I misread it as he said Native American ancestry as a whole.

Even so, not many Argentines or Uruguayans with Amerindian ancestry.
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
User avatar
Sobekhotep
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 4:53 am
Location: America's Dairyland

Re: Ahoj

Postby Neqitan » Tue 28 Apr 2009 11:41 pm

Sobekhotep wrote:
Neqitan wrote:Oh, he said Aztec or Mayan! I misread it as he said Native American ancestry as a whole.

Even so, not many Argentines or Uruguayans with Amerindian ancestry.

Oh yeah, and they usually brag too much about it. :lol: (Or at least that's the stereotype I used to hear about them.)
User avatar
Neqitan
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Fri 17 Apr 2009 9:59 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Ahoj

Postby Sobekhotep » Wed 29 Apr 2009 7:12 pm

Neqitan wrote:
Sobekhotep wrote:
Neqitan wrote:Oh, he said Aztec or Mayan! I misread it as he said Native American ancestry as a whole.

Even so, not many Argentines or Uruguayans with Amerindian ancestry.

Oh yeah, and they usually brag too much about it. :lol: (Or at least that's the stereotype I used to hear about them.)

Yeah, some Chileans, too, are like that.
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
User avatar
Sobekhotep
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 4:53 am
Location: America's Dairyland

Re: Ahoj

Postby Delodephius » Wed 29 Apr 2009 11:11 pm

A man without a beard is like a lion without a mane.
- Latina Ἑλληνική संस्कृतम् पाळि עִבְרִית پارسيک الفصحى 文言 Norrœnt
https://sites.google.com/site/sophologia/
User avatar
Delodephius
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri 17 Apr 2009 10:45 pm
Location: Сербія, Войводина

Re: Ahoj

Postby dtp883 » Thu 30 Apr 2009 4:22 am

Delodephius wrote:Here's me in SP style:

Image


How'd you make that?

formiko wrote:Well, it depends on your ethnicity. Are you mestizo? Do you have any Aztec of Mayan ancestry? If you do, tú estás muy corto :)


Just wanted to let you know in this instance you would use the word eres (the tú form of ser) since you are describing a quality not a location or temporary emotion.
Native: English (NW American)
Advanced: Spanish
Intermediate: French
Beginning: Arabic (MSA/Egyptian)
Some day: German
User avatar
dtp883
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat 18 Apr 2009 10:51 pm
Location: San Francisco Area

Re: Ahoj

Postby ILuvEire » Thu 30 Apr 2009 5:09 am

I've always wanted to learn Czech, ahoj is the coolest greeting ever.
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
User avatar
ILuvEire
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 10:42 am
Location: Austin, TX, USA

Re: Ahoj

Postby Delodephius » Thu 30 Apr 2009 10:39 am

dtp883 wrote:How'd you make that?

Go to http://www.sp-studio.de/ and after you are done press Print Screen on your keyboard and paste the picture into a picture editor, like Microsof Paint, crop it and save it as JPEG. Then upload it, I use http://www.imagecave.com/default.aspx
- Latina Ἑλληνική संस्कृतम् पाळि עִבְרִית پارسيک الفصحى 文言 Norrœnt
https://sites.google.com/site/sophologia/
User avatar
Delodephius
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri 17 Apr 2009 10:45 pm
Location: Сербія, Войводина

Re: Ahoj

Postby Talib » Thu 30 Apr 2009 2:09 pm

Delodephius wrote:A man without a beard is like a lion without a mane.
Like the Arabic proverb: الرجل بلا شنب كالقط بلا ذنب (the man with no beard is like a cat without a tail).
ILuvEire wrote:I've always wanted to learn Czech, ahoj is the coolest greeting ever.
You could say it in English, though you might be mistaken for a pirate.
العربية * 中文 * English * Français * Русский * Português * Español * हिन्दी/اردو * Deutsch * 日本語
Talib
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 8:22 am
Location: Canada

Re: Ahoj

Postby Sobekhotep » Thu 30 Apr 2009 10:19 pm

ILuvEire wrote:I've always wanted to learn Czech, ahoj is the coolest greeting ever.

In Delodephius's case, however, it's Slovak. :)

Talib wrote:
Delodephius wrote:A man without a beard is like a lion without a mane.

Like the Arabic proverb: الرجل بلا شنب كالقط بلا ذنب (the man with no beard is like a cat without a tail).

I disagree with both. 8-)
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
User avatar
Sobekhotep
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 4:53 am
Location: America's Dairyland

Re: Ahoj

Postby Epp » Thu 30 Apr 2009 11:05 pm

Talib wrote:
Delodephius wrote:A man without a beard is like a lion without a mane.
Like the Arabic proverb: الرجل بلا شنب كالقط بلا ذنب (the man with no beard is like a cat without a tail).
Or like the Trønder (from the city of Trondheim) Norwegian proverb: Det bli itj fart uten bart! (No speed without a mustache)
But, but; it's not only-only, you know!
Epp
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun 19 Apr 2009 7:12 am
Location: Block 982

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron