Hey

The place to introduce yourselves.

Hey

Postby Stosis » Mon 20 Apr 2009 2:30 am

I never made an introduction thread in the old forum so I figure this is a good time to make one. My name is Lucas and I just finished my second year of archaeology. I live in Ontario, Canada and love languages and linguistics. My main interest is historical linguistics (if that wasn't obvious from my university programme :lol: ) I have studied German and Latin. Next year I will be starting Greek and I might pick up a book on old English for the summer since jobs are scarce and I probably won't be able to work full time.

My two favourite parts of learning a language is seeing how the ones I already know (or what I already know about linguistics) fit together with it.
Stosis

Re: Hey

Postby Neqitan » Sun 23 Aug 2009 1:20 am

I don't remember you. :? Welcome anyways!
Neqitan

Postby Sobekhotep » Tue 25 Aug 2009 12:51 am

Stosis wrote:I never made an introduction thread in the old forum so I figure this is a good time to make one. My name is Lucas and I just finished my second year of archaeology. I live in Ontario, Canada and love languages and linguistics. My main interest is historical linguistics (if that wasn't obvious from my university programme :lol: ) I have studied German and Latin. Next year I will be starting Greek and I might pick up a book on old English for the summer since jobs are scarce and I probably won't be able to work full time.

My two favourite parts of learning a language is seeing how the ones I already know (or what I already know about linguistics) fit together with it.

Welcome to the new Omniglot forum!
Jobs are scarce in Canada, too? That sucks. :|
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby Talib » Tue 25 Aug 2009 8:03 pm

Unemployment isn't as high as it is in the United States but we're still feeling the pinch, arguably.

I'm having trouble finding a job myself.
العربية * 中文 * English * Français * Русский * Português * Español * हिन्दी/اردو * Deutsch * 日本語
Talib

Postby Sobekhotep » Wed 26 Aug 2009 3:44 am

Talib wrote:Unemployment isn't as high as it is in the United States but we're still feeling the pinch, arguably.

I'm having trouble finding a job myself.

According to the Wikipedia, Ontario's unemployment rate is at 8.5%. This is only slightly lower than Wisconsin's which is 9%.
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby Talib » Wed 26 Aug 2009 6:46 am

But what are the national averages? And wasn't America's national unemployment rate much higher several months ago?
العربية * 中文 * English * Français * Русский * Português * Español * हिन्दी/اردو * Deutsch * 日本語
Talib

Postby Sobekhotep » Fri 28 Aug 2009 4:47 am

Talib wrote:But what are the national averages? And wasn't America's national unemployment rate much higher several months ago?

Canada's is around 8.6%. For the U.S. it's 9.4%. So, it looks like Ontario is right on track with the national average whereas Wisconsin's is a bit lower than our national rate
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Return to Introductions