Newly Proposed Alphabet for Learning the W. American Accent

The place to discuss alphabets and other writing systems.

Newly Proposed Alphabet for Learning the W. American Accent

Postby melamonastic » Sat 08 Jun 2013 5:42 am

I am proposing a new alphabet to be used on the Omniglot website. Please let me know if a better quality image is needed. Here's what I have right now.

Western Renglish or Californian Renglish

This alphabet was created by Stephan Hatting and is designed to help native Russian speakers unacquainted with IPA in order learn the English phonetic system. This alphabet, in particular, represents the Western American phonetics and accent by using Cyrillic letters with which the learner might possibly already be familiar. Because all the letters used are Cyrillic, any Cyrillic font should contain all of these letters.

Sample Text:
"Ал ӿюмән бииӈз ар борн фри ӓнд иқол ӥн дӥгнӥти ӓнд ріт. Ҙӓй ар ендоўд ўӥҫ ризән ӓнд кончәнс ӓнд шұд ӓкт тўордз ўән әнәҙр ӥн ӓй спирӥт әв брәҙрӿұд." (Артӥкл 1 әв ҙә Юнӥверсал Декларӓйшән әв Ӿюмән Рітс)

"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and right. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood." (Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights)

For More Information: http://sites.google.com/site/steveteach ... n-renglish
Attachments
Western Renglish.gif
Western Renglish.gif (6.55 KiB) Viewed 2158 times
melamonastic

Return to Writing systems