Best German for beginners packages

The place to discuss learning languages

Best German for beginners packages

Postby Weshimulo » Mon 12 Dec 2011 11:48 pm

Hello one and all,

My brother is planning to learn German and is asking me for advice on what book/CD packs would be suitable. However, as I already speak German and have done for years (learned at uni and while living in Germany), I don't feel best qualified to advise him.

I'd be grateful if anyone could advise me on what they think are the best courses for an absolute beginner in the language (I'm thinking the Teach Yourself or Colloquial series, or something along those lines).

Thanks!

Martin
Dosta jib moli yek jib.
epo - basic
rus - more basic
Learning or planning to learn - jpn, hun, ron, cym, isl, fas, ita, ces, pol, nor, swe, dan, lit, lat, est
Weshimulo

Re: Best German for beginners packages

Postby linguoboy » Mon 12 Dec 2011 11:50 pm

Weshimulo wrote:My brother is planning to learn German and is asking me for advice on what book/CD packs would be suitable. However, as I already speak German and have done for years (learned at uni and while living in Germany), I don't feel best qualified to advise him.

Any idea how your brother learns languages? What are his goals and what methods does he find most useful?
english*deutsch*nederlands*català*castellano*gaelainn*cymraeg*français*svenska*韓國말*漢語
linguoboy

Re: Best German for beginners packages

Postby Weshimulo » Sat 17 Dec 2011 10:31 am

Not sure, but I'll find out over Christmas and get back to you.

Thanks
Dosta jib moli yek jib.
epo - basic
rus - more basic
Learning or planning to learn - jpn, hun, ron, cym, isl, fas, ita, ces, pol, nor, swe, dan, lit, lat, est
Weshimulo

Return to Language learning