Russian mat dictionary / translations

If you would like names, words or short phrases transliterated or translated, this is the place to make your requests.

Russian mat dictionary / translations

Postby yerrois » Wed 13 Jan 2010 4:36 pm

I am the author of http://www.russki-mat.net, a dictionary of Russian slang, colloquialisms and obscene vocabulary. It started on a beer mat in Saint-Petersburg in 1997 and grew over time to include pragmatic explanations in the languages I know (French, German, English), and a fair number of those I don't (Breton, Latin, Romanian, Italian, Spanish, Aragonese, Greek and Hungarian).
Now I believe that I have annoyed most of the persons I know that are kind and qualified enough to provide me with a good translation in their language - but still I feel I could have more.
Are there any enthusiasts on the forum that would give me a hand with Chinese, Japanese, Welsh, Suaheli, Hebrew or some other language?

The translation in new languages concerns only a small but crucial part of the dictionary (20 terms out of 1500), and represents 4 pages in word (half of it being in Russian and requires no translation). I can provide a Russian-French, Russian-German or Russian-English version for translation (as well as Latin, Romanian, Italian, Spanish, Aragonese, Greek and Hungarian).

The whole thing is rather pointless, I agree, it's mostly l'art pour l'art. Collector's impulse... no commercial use is intended.
yerrois

Re: Russian mat dictionary / translations

Postby yerrois » Wed 27 Jan 2010 6:10 pm

No one? Never mind, then...
yerrois

Return to Translation requests