Mongolian Script

If you would like names, words or short phrases transliterated or translated, this is the place to make your requests.
pedrolff

Mongolian Script

Postby pedrolff » Fri 28 Oct 2016 10:00 pm

Hello!
After almost two weeks studying one of the translations I found in bolor-toli[dot]com for "nomad" in mongolian, I believe I got exactly what I wanted for a tattoo. But still not 100% sure of it since I don't speak mongolian and never studied anything similar to it. If you can confirm to me it's "nomad" written in the following image or tell me I'm completely mistaken, I would be very grateful. It's the word "нүүдэлчин" or "ᠨᠡᠭᠦᠳᠡᠯᠴᠢᠨ". Also, if you know a better translation for nomad in mongolian and the transliteration for the traditional mongolian script, please tell me :D
Attachments
Script.png
Script.png (9.11 KiB) Viewed 3326 times

Chrisix

Re: Mongolian Script

Postby Chrisix » Mon 19 Dec 2016 4:29 pm

Yes, that is correct. I'll show you how you get to that form in the mongolian script.
For long vowels, you have to add a stretcher, so the YY form becomes stretcher + Y.
Then the bottom of the stretcher mergers with the Y to get the final form used in the word.
So the 2nd line of the stretcher becomes the opening of the arch, that then connects with the Y.

nomad.png
nomad.png (21.32 KiB) Viewed 2917 times

pedrolff

Re: Mongolian Script

Postby pedrolff » Thu 05 Jan 2017 4:41 pm

Thanks Chrisix. It was exactly that stretcher part that was puzzling me! :D

Return to “Translation requests”