a suggestion: a general lang/ling forum

If you've spotted anything on Omniglot that needs correcting, or have any suggestions for new material or how the site could be improved, this is the place to discuss them.

a suggestion: a general lang/ling forum

Postby Anders » Sun 07 Jun 2009 1:41 pm

Maybe a general forum for languages/linguistics would be a good idea. There is a forum for general discussions unrelated to languages, wich is good. There is a general forum for other langs than English, wich is good. But what if we want to discuss English or general linguistics? I don't see wich forum of those we allready have suits for such topics.
Anders

Re: a suggestion: a general lang/ling forum

Postby Neqitan » Sun 07 Jun 2009 6:50 pm

I think the definition of the "General Chat" should be changed so that it includes both language-related and non-language-related discussions. UNlike other forums, we rarely have topics not about languages and linguistics anyways.
Neqitan

Postby Jayan » Sat 13 Jun 2009 9:39 pm

Neqitan wrote:I think the definition of the "General Chat" should be changed so that it includes both language-related and non-language-related discussions. UNlike other forums, we rarely have topics not about languages and linguistics anyways.

No kidding :) Even our supposedly "off-topic" discussions quickly turn to languages :lol:
Native/Fluent: English (on a good day :P)
Pursuing fluency: Dansk
Entertaining self with: 日本語
Up next: русский язык
Eventually: Gaeilge|Deutsch|Kiswahili|Suomi
Jayan

Postby ILuvEire » Mon 15 Jun 2009 3:03 am

Jayan wrote:
Neqitan wrote:I think the definition of the "General Chat" should be changed so that it includes both language-related and non-language-related discussions. UNlike other forums, we rarely have topics not about languages and linguistics anyways.

No kidding :) Even our supposedly "off-topic" discussions quickly turn to languages :lol:

That's a good thing! I love languages and linguistics!
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
ILuvEire

Postby Jayan » Thu 18 Jun 2009 2:36 pm

ILuvEire wrote:
Jayan wrote:

That's a good thing! I love languages and linguistics!

:D I never said it was a bad thing ;)
Native/Fluent: English (on a good day :P)
Pursuing fluency: Dansk
Entertaining self with: 日本語
Up next: русский язык
Eventually: Gaeilge|Deutsch|Kiswahili|Suomi
Jayan

Return to Corrections and suggestions