I think most people still in the forum have learned by now not to take your occasional blow-ups too seriously. I know I have.
Maybe so, but the blow-ups that actually scare people off are yours. You obviously would never consider such a thing, though, so you don't have to respond to this statement.
A couple things:
1. I think this thread is for everybody. Between then, gnunix and Elijah have posted a half-dozen times. That shouldn't be ignored given how low participation in these forums is in general.
True. However, there was a lot of just you and me, and I didn't like that.
2. It's very telling that you characterise me helping you to learn a language as "Linguoboy-versus-Tikolm". You seem to view interactions through a very adversarial filter and I'm not sure what can be done to change that.
Okay, whatever. That's just how I happened to put it. If I saw this as adversarial, it was because, rightly or not, I felt like you were just out to correct me. I realize now that you were well-intentioned, but unfortunately my initial responses were ignorant of that.
3. It's important to understand that no one here is trying to humiliate your or set you up for failure.
I know. It's just the truth of the matter that I felt bad and complained about it. This was obviously not your intention.
But if you're not realistic about what your capabilities are and where you can improve, you'll never make any progress--not just in learning Welsh, but in anything.
I know that too. That's why I at least try to be realistic about my capabilities.
Now, can we get this over with? I'd like you, or somebody, to correct a sentence or two for me:
1) Mae'r gath yn llyfiad clust tad.
2) Mae dad wedi cysgu ar y gwely, a' mae mam yn cysgu ar y gwely 'ma.
I've been thinking about possible amendments to "Ble mae'r gath?", so there will be a lot of sentences to check over if all goes as intended. I'm also going to try to talk myself into taking the Catchphrase course (or something along those lines). Why do I need to talk myself into it, you ask? It's a long story, and any attempt to explain it here would probably be unsatisfactory.