The Future of Japanese

The place to discuss extinct languages.

Re: The Future of Japanese

Postby Milantex » Wed 02 Sep 2009 2:23 pm

rickardspaghetti wrote:Let's try me then. 俺の名前は流川雄介です。"orenonamaewanagarekawayuusukedesu".
Do you think we can force them to use spaces? :)
If they stop using Kanji, then yes. With kanji, it is "sometimes" not possible, but then again. All I've been saying is if they use just hiragana and katakana. :D

rickardspaghetti wrote:And something else I've been thinking of lately. Do you think the "wa" and "ga" particles will merge into one? If w would become ɰ and merge with g. Plausible?
Can happen, but I don't think it will. There is still (and will be as things hold) a need for wa and ga particles. That's what I think...
Milantex

Postby ILuvEire » Wed 02 Sep 2009 5:35 pm

Milantex wrote:
rickardspaghetti wrote:And something else I've been thinking of lately. Do you think the "wa" and "ga" particles will merge into one? If w would become ɰ and merge with g. Plausible?
Can happen, but I don't think it will. There is still (and will be as things hold) a need for wa and ga particles. That's what I think...

In colloquial Japanese, wa, ga and wo are frequently dropped. Good ol' teenagers. :D
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
ILuvEire

Postby rickardspaghetti » Wed 02 Sep 2009 6:31 pm

ILuvEire wrote:Good ol' teenagers. :D

That's a contradiction.
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。
rickardspaghetti

Postby Talib » Wed 02 Sep 2009 9:19 pm

rickardspaghetti wrote:Watashi? That sounds rather girlish to me(but not as girlish as atashi).
Using the standard term is girlish now? Sigh. What a language.
And something else I've been thinking of lately. Do you think the "wa" and "ga" particles will merge into one? If w would become ɰ and merge with g. Plausible?
Isn't it already [ɰ]? It's not [w].
العربية * 中文 * English * Français * Русский * Português * Español * हिन्दी/اردو * Deutsch * 日本語
Talib

Postby rickardspaghetti » Wed 02 Sep 2009 9:43 pm

Talib wrote:
rickardspaghetti wrote:Watashi? That sounds rather girlish to me(but not as girlish as atashi).
Using the standard term is girlish now? Sigh. What a language.

"Watashi" is both standard form and feminine form. Males only use it to be polite. Otherwise they use boku and ore.

Talib wrote:
And something else I've been thinking of lately. Do you think the "wa" and "ga" particles will merge into one? If w would become ɰ and merge with g. Plausible?

Isn't it already [ɰ]? It's not [w].

Really!? I've only heard it as w.
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。
rickardspaghetti

Postby Sobekhotep » Wed 02 Sep 2009 11:49 pm

rickardspaghetti wrote:俺の名前は流川雄介です。"orenonamaewanagarekawayuusukedesu".
Do you think we can force them to use spaces? :)

I personally would romanize that as oreno namaeha Nagarekawa Yuusuke desu. I see 5 words there.

Talib wrote:Isn't it already [ɰ]? It's not [w].

Technically, it's neither. It's [w] with "compressed" lips, not rounded. I don't think there is an IPA symbol for compressed lips, since it's only found in a few languages. Aside from Japanese, I believe Swedish & Norwegian also have it.

rickardspaghetti wrote:"Watashi" is both standard form and feminine form. Males only use it to be polite.

That is absolutely not true. Watasi is not considered a feminine word at all, except maybe by some hypermasculine people.
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby Talib » Thu 03 Sep 2009 12:29 am

Sobekhotep wrote:Technically, it's neither. It's [w] with "compressed" lips, not rounded. I don't think there is an IPA symbol for compressed lips, since it's only found in a few languages. Aside from Japanese, I believe Swedish & Norwegian also have it.
I knew this was the case. I've seen it transcribed as both (with the appropriate diacritics). I just think it makes sense to use <ɰ> in analogy with the vowel /ɯ/.
That is absolutely not true. Watasi is not considered a feminine word at all, except maybe by some hypermasculine people.
Whew.
العربية * 中文 * English * Français * Русский * Português * Español * हिन्दी/اردو * Deutsch * 日本語
Talib

Postby Milantex » Thu 03 Sep 2009 12:38 am

Sobekhotep wrote:That is absolutely not true. Watasi is not considered a feminine word at all, except maybe by some hypermasculine people.
This bit sure saves me from the accusation that I'm a girl! :p Thanx! ;)
Milantex

Postby Sobekhotep » Thu 03 Sep 2009 11:09 pm

Talib wrote:
Whew.

Milantex wrote:
Sobekhotep wrote:That is absolutely not true. Watasi is not considered a feminine word at all, except maybe by some hypermasculine people.

This bit sure saves me from the accusation that I'm a girl! :p Thanx! ;)

I don't know how rickardspaghetti came to that conclusion. I've heard countless hours of spoken Japanese & I've heard men say watasi all the time, even in informal use.
Maybe he's been watching too much anime where all the guys say ore & ora all the time. :)
ለሐዘበ ፡ ዘየደአ
Sobekhotep

Postby Milantex » Thu 03 Sep 2009 11:11 pm

Sobekhotep wrote:...Maybe he's been watching too much anime where all the guys say ore & ora all the time. :)

-_-' I watch anime all the time too... -_-'
Milantex

PreviousNext

Return to Extinct languages