The Future of Japanese

The place to discuss extinct languages.

Re: The Future of Japanese

Postby rickardspaghetti » Sun 30 Aug 2009 12:05 pm

Milantex wrote:Maybe if Japanese language gets to lose speakers due to the decline of native speaking population, maybe they should just get rid of Kanji and write everything in Hiragana and Katakana. :D
That would save me a good deal of effort earning it! :D

But Japanese wouldn't be that interesting anymore. Much of its charm comes from it's writing system.
そうだ。死んでいる人も勃起することが出来る。
俺はその証だ。
rickardspaghetti

Postby Milantex » Sun 30 Aug 2009 12:07 pm

rickardspaghetti wrote:But Japanese wouldn't be that interesting anymore. Much of its charm comes from it's writing system.

I love it without Kanjji better... :p
Milantex

Postby ILuvEire » Sun 30 Aug 2009 6:24 pm

rickardspaghetti wrote:
Milantex wrote:Maybe if Japanese language gets to lose speakers due to the decline of native speaking population, maybe they should just get rid of Kanji and write everything in Hiragana and Katakana. :D

But Japanese wouldn't be that interesting anymore. Much of its charm comes from it's writing system.

Really? All of Japanese's charm, for me, comes from the awesome verbs. :D
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
ILuvEire

Postby Milantex » Sun 30 Aug 2009 6:26 pm

ILuvEire wrote:
rickardspaghetti wrote:

Really? All of Japanese's charm, for me, comes from the awesome verbs. :D

Hai hai!!! so desu! :d
Milantex

Postby ILuvEire » Sun 30 Aug 2009 7:49 pm

Milantex wrote:Hai hai!!! so desu! :d

Long o. ;)

Mirantekusu, donokurai nihongo benkyou shiteiru ka?
dansk - italiano - esperanto - Deutsch - português - tiếng Việt - עברית - ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i - ελλινικά - العربية - 中文 - íslenska
ILuvEire

Postby Milantex » Sun 30 Aug 2009 7:53 pm

ILuvEire wrote:

Long o. ;)

Nope... actually, I haven't been studying it fro a while now! :(
Milantex

Postby ILuvEire » Sun 30 Aug 2009 8:11 pm

Milantex wrote:
ILuvEire wrote:

Long o. ;)

Nope... actually, I haven't been studying it fro a while now! :(

For shame! You should study it again, it's darling. :)

Actually, I'm being the biggest hippocrite there is, I haven't studied it for a couple months. :oops:
ILuvEire

Postby Milantex » Sun 30 Aug 2009 8:13 pm

ILuvEire wrote:Actually, I'm being the biggest hippocrite there is, I haven't studied it for a couple months. :oops:

Same here! :'(

But it really would be nice if they stopped using Kanji! :D
Milantex

Postby Talib » Sun 30 Aug 2009 8:16 pm

To me, Japanese is plenty interesting, kanji or not. The grammar alone is both enough to make me want to learn it and to despise it completely. Incidentally, the same could be said of Arabic, which is the only language I've learned worth a damn.
العربية * 中文 * English * Français * Русский * Português * Español * हिन्दी/اردو * Deutsch * 日本語
Talib

Postby Milantex » Sun 30 Aug 2009 8:28 pm

Talib wrote:To me, Japanese is plenty interesting, kanji or not. The grammar alone is both enough to make me want to learn it and to despise it completely. Incidentally, the same could be said of Arabic, which is the only language I've learned worth a damn.

Why not try Serbian, it's a challenge! C:

Anyway, now that you have mentioned Arabic, the writing script of a language that I am constructing has some similarity to Arabic. Once it is done to a reasonable extent I'll post it here! :D

And as for Japanese... yes... Kanji or not, you say... though reality is WITH unfortunately for me and a few others who I know, but since I basically learn Japanese from anime I don't get to do much reading, but rather a lot of listening! :D

I know, I know.. many linguists just hate the idea of someone learning a language by listening to it, 'coz when ever someone says that he had learned a language through TV, he usually sounds like a guy/girl from a TV show or some series that the linguist had also watched! :p
Milantex

PreviousNext

Return to Extinct languages