Kumori Language (K'hiDe na Ku'mori)

The place to discuss your conlangs and conlanging.

Kumori Language (K'hiDe na Ku'mori)

Postby Alisbet » Fri 11 Jun 2010 7:57 pm

Here is another conlang courtesy of me. It is spoken by this reptilian-like race called the Kumori. They live on the same planet as the wolf-like ceorzani people. They prefer staying underground although it is noted that they are rather hospitable to other people when compared to the ceorzani who are rather reserved and prefers to stay silent. The Kumori Language by itself is rather complex in nature and it is said that the Kumori spend their entire lifetime studying and learning their language. Anyway, without further ado, let's tackle the language itself, shall we.

Alphabet:

The Kumori alphabet is not an alphabet in a true sense. Rather, it has features commonly found on abjads in our Earth with a couple of syllabic featured mixed in. There are a total of 80 Kumori letters in existence. You can figure out the letter combinations by yourself as it is too exhausting to list them here. 10 of these letters are special in sense that they are malleable or in other words, the vowel can be changed when applied to certain words similar to abugidas. They are however only used in special occasions such as teaching, word games and so on.

Phrases:

Firi ghaDaide Rimi: My name is Rimi

Kho ineKair: Good Morning

Kho ineXi: Good night

And that is all for today, I hope that you like this conlang. Comments are appreciated.
I promise to add new details of this language soon.
Power of People is stronger than People in Power.
Alisbet

Re: Kumori Language (K'hiDe na Ku'mori)

Postby XshadowX » Sat 12 Jun 2010 2:13 am

Wow that is a lot of letters. Anyway, I got a question.

1. Could you post the most commonly used letters with pronunciation?
Native Language: English
Learning: Esperanto
Interested in: European languages, russian
XshadowX

Postby Alisbet » Sat 12 Jun 2010 6:45 am

I don't have a clear view of how the Kumori Language is pronounced yet, so you have to be patient, okay.
Alisbet

Postby XshadowX » Sat 12 Jun 2010 2:03 pm

ok
Native Language: English
Learning: Esperanto
Interested in: European languages, russian
XshadowX

Postby linguoboy » Sat 12 Jun 2010 5:26 pm

Alisbet wrote:I don't have a clear view of how the Kumori Language is pronounced yet, so you have to be patient, okay.

How can you come up with an orthography before you know what the pronunciation is like? I've never seen anyone conlang like this before.
english*deutsch*nederlands*català*castellano*gaelainn*cymraeg*français*svenska*韓國말*漢語
linguoboy

Postby Alisbet » Sat 12 Jun 2010 6:24 pm

linguoboy wrote:
Alisbet wrote:I don't have a clear view of how the Kumori Language is pronounced yet, so you have to be patient, okay.

How can you come up with an orthography before you know what the pronunciation is like? I've never seen anyone conlang like this before.

Well, it seems that you really want to know the pronunciation of this language. It is still a work in progress I am afraid, so you will have to be patient. What I do know is that it is similar to how you pronounce words in the Arabic language with some words having a French flavour in them too. Some words can also have a special mark called d'ael that looks similar to an dot, that is placed over the first letter of the word. That signifies that the word should be spoken in a whisper-like voice. It is not uncommon to see these marks in traditional poems for example. I hope that this helps.
Alisbet

Postby linguoboy » Sat 12 Jun 2010 7:03 pm

Alisbet wrote:It is still a work in progress I am afraid, so you will have to be patient. What I do know is that it is similar to how you pronounce words in the Arabic language with some words having a French flavour in them too.

Sounds to me like you have some idea where you want to go with this language, but not enough of one to begin posting and accepting feedback. Totally aside from the pronunciation issues, you haven't presented enough for me to form any kind of opinion on whether this is a language I would be interesting in hearing more about or not.
english*deutsch*nederlands*català*castellano*gaelainn*cymraeg*français*svenska*韓國말*漢語
linguoboy

Return to Conlangery