Invented a new or using the old languages (Question)

The place to discuss your conlangs and conlanging.

Re: Invented a new or using the old languages (Question)

Postby Kloiten » Fri 03 Jul 2009 8:24 pm

It's only slightly creepy that you know a language "fluently" without knowing the name.... :shock:
Fluent: English, русский язык
Proficient: français, 日本語
Beginning: suomi, davvisámegiella, 中文 (普通話), norsk, cymraeg
Kloiten

Postby Neqitan » Sat 04 Jul 2009 2:07 am

Kloiten wrote:It's only slightly creepy that you know a language "fluently" without knowing the name.... :shock:

I have long concluded he/she is a linguist making fun of us. :)
Neqitan

Postby Tikolm » Thu 13 May 2010 8:34 pm

This is interesting. Is this supposed to be a conlang, or what? You said you didn't know where it came from or something, so you must have made it up. How would there be any possibility of its being a real language? Does it have a name?
Tikolm

Postby kyonides » Thu 13 May 2010 8:58 pm

I'd only believe him or her that he or she learned it if he or she can prove us he or she has cryptomnesia or something like that.
The Internet might be either your best friend or your worst enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.
kyonides

Postby Huixuan » Wed 19 May 2010 2:42 am

I find it possible for one not to know the name of their language, but this is strange overly strange… With nothing better to do, I present my first linguistic proof.

I did a quick run through to classify the language assuming it is not a conlang. The only languages that have the vocative are Indo-European, even though there are some hints outside there. The language does not inflect enough to be Slavic or Romance (from what I know). And it is definitely not Germanic, as anyone can tell. That leaves the Balkan and Caucasian Languages. Albanian's syllable structure is different, Greek's phonology and structure are not similar, and the phonological inventory is too small to be Caucasian. It's pretty obvious it's a conlang because it looks like ninety percent of the conlangs I have seen so there. At least that's judging by the first example. Knowing that the first is a conlang, I can assume that the second is also a conlang without going into the heart of Swaziland to figure out the clicks.

As a conlang, not bad. Depends on your purpose.
Huixuan

Postby Tikolm » Thu 20 May 2010 3:32 am

What's cryptomnesia?
Tikolm

Postby Dalvemanna » Mon 24 May 2010 3:58 am

It must be a Conlang after all, although I'm positive there are some influences from existing languages. I'm too uncreative to create everything all by my own, I'd suppose.And I've always used existing languages when creating a new one:)
As to my promised grammar, I thought about the neccessity of an evaluation. And considering it has approx. 20 cases and 8 tenses to express everything as it should, I thought it might not be that demanding to have one. Also, there are about 10-20 sounds not expressable with IPA or any script I am aware of(a sample, the language's name written "Cusanahusa" in latin script, is spoken with the "c"-sound being roughly the sound breathing in while saying "j", the two "s"-types are both similar to the sound of wind, however, with almost unrecognizable changed position of the tongue, which is rather important to identify some words. The "h" is roughly the sound when you speak "ɺ","χ" and "ɾ" together).
On the other hand side, I guess a grammar would be useful for a conlang. What do you think?

Cryptomnesia(taken from Wikipedia): Cryptomnesia occurs when a forgotten memory returns without its being recognized as such by the subject, who believes it is something new and original. It is a memory bias whereby a person may falsely recall generating a thought, an idea, a song, or a joke, not deliberately engaging in plagiarism but rather experiencing a memory as if it were a new inspiration.
Mother Tongue: Deutsch
Fluently: English
Basic extended: 日本語
Unprofound conversation: Italiano, Suomi, Norsk(+understanding Dansk/Svenska)
Introduction: Bahasa Indonesia/Basa Jawa a.o.
Conlangs: Cusanahusa, Sayama and Sayama Veeni
Dalvemanna

Postby Huixuan » Sat 29 May 2010 2:48 am

I think I get cryptomnesia a lot. Just not that bad…
Huixuan

Previous

Return to Conlangery