Betacap is an alternative alphabet for English invented by Polly.
He uses it as a private code when he wants to write out his thoughts
without fear of having them discovered. He based some of the letters loosely
on Armenian, while others are slightly modified Latin letters.
- Type of writing system: alphabet
- Direction of writing: left to right in horizontal lines.
- There are no uppercase letters, however a letter can be
designated as special simply by writing it larger or bolder or
- Betacap has no equivalent of the letter K - the /k/ sound is
written with Q or C.
- Long and double vowels can be indicated with the optional vowel
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They
are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another
in a spirit of brotherhood.
(Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights)
Other alternative scripts for English