Arduric was devised by Gabriel McGovern is write his conlang
by the same name. It was the first writing system developed by
Gabriel McGovern, and has undergone many changes and improvements
over the years to achieve its current form. The Arduric language
is spoken and written by the Ardurlord race.
- Type of writing system: syllabary
- Direction of writing: left to right in horizontal lines
- Used to write Arduric (Inarturil).
- Variations can be used to write in Orthasin, Ederic, and English (though these variations are not shown)
- The script is entirely phonetic; every word is written exactly how it sounds
X stands for 'kh' and Y for the IPA /j/. Tp is a sound made by
pressing your tongue against your upper teeth and lip then emitting a burst of air.
Sample text in Arduric
- Nath hu atsesur anuf la sutpau nath la hife.
- Nath aniftpe o efuk inkhata atsho ana, khata atshal o tpo o atka inshunur, nath tpuho khata anif aya inkhata.
- Nath khata afa o aletpu, etshal, lethen unif othisun, nath uluth inari khata. Nath lethen anuf othisun nuts otsats, neka inutse khata ti tsesur inyusa.
- And all the earth had one language and one tongue.
- And it came about that in their wandering from the east, they came to a stretch of flat country in the land of Shinar, and there they made their living-place.
- And they said one to another, Come, let us make bricks, burning them well. And they had bricks for stone, putting them together with sticky earth.
(First three verses of the Tower of Babel)
Other writing systems invented by visitors to this site
Learn Chinese Characters with the Omniglot Chinese app