aLrazikhuzairi was invented by Mohd Badrul Bin Salleh as an
alternative way to write Malay. The script is adapted from the
tradisional Malay writing system, Jawi (Arabic script) and
influenced by Brahmi and Burmese script. It consists of 21
consonants and 5 regular vowels with an additional vowel schwa.
- Type of writing system: alphabet
- Direction of writing: left to right in horizontal line
- Use to write: Malay
- Number of letters: 26 letters: 21 consonants, 6 vowels (one additional vowel, schwa)
- Additional vowel is introduced in order to distinguish between [e] and [ə] sound
- Has three versions: expanded writing, complex (vocalized) and complex (unvocalized)
Complex version (vocalized)
Complex version (unvocalized)
Semua manusia dilahirkan bebas dari segi kemuliaan dan hak-hak.
Mereka mempunyai pemikiran dan perasaan hati dan hendaklah
bertindak di antara satu sama lain dengan semangat persaudaraan.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with
reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
(Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights)
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about Malay |
Malay phrases |
Malay numbers |
Tower of Babel in Malay |
Malay learning materials
Other constructed scripts