A selection of materials for learning Swahili, a Bantu language used as a lingua-franca in much of east Africa.
by Living Language
- includes a course book with six audio CDs and provides a simple and effective introduction to Swahili with natural dialogues, clear grammar notes, vocabulary building and key expressions. Also contains notes on culture, food, history and geography, and a two way glossary.
by Thomas J. Hinnebusch and Sarah M. Mirza
- a comprehensive introduction to Swahili that is designed to teach major communicative skills such as speaking, listening, reading, and writing. The text also strives to impart fundamental knowledge about East African and Swahili culture.
by Joan Russell
- an introduction to the Swahili language consisting of course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information, together with two CDs with recordings of most of the dialogues and some of the exercises.
- teaches Standard Swahili as spoken in and around Kenya with sixteen 30-minute lessons which cover essential grammar and vocabulary that teach you greetings, numbers, how to order food and drink, deal with currency, scheduling a meal or meeting and how to give and ask for directions.
by Lutz Marten and Donovan Lee McGrath
- an introduction to spoken and written Swahili. Includes a course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information, together with two cassettes or CDs with recordings of most of the dialogues and some of the exercises.
- Glossika's audiovisual method helps you master comprehension and achieve fluency. Great on its own, or the perfect companion to your ongoing studies.
Buy from: Glossika.com
by Nicholas Awde
- a good Swahili pocket dictionary containing 35,000 entries in each language. Includes information on Swahili noun classes, useful phrases and vocabulary, numbers, numbers, weighs and measures, time, days of the week, months, and star signs.
by D. V. Perrott
- contains more than 14,000 definitions, including everyday idioms and expressions.
by M. A. Mohammed
- covers phonology, morphology and syntax, inclulding affixes, derivation, inflection, parts of speech, relatives, tenses, demonstratives of reference, pronominalisation, phrases, clauses and sentences. Grammatical explanations are always followed by exercises, and comprehensive vocabulary lists are also included.
by Katrina Daly Thompson and Antonia Yetunde Folarin Schleicher
by Martin Benjamin, Charles Mironko and Anne Geoghegan
- contains a guide to pronunciation and phrase-building; fail-safe small talk; practicalities and a section on sustainable travel, and a two-way dictionary
by G. O. Oyoo
- includes details of the Swahili alphabet and pronunciation; a guide to Swahili pronouns, sentence structure and sentence construction; useful words and phrases in various scenarios, and an English-Swahili dictionary.
Buy from: Payhip.com
[ other sections ]
None of the items listed in this bookstore are supplied by Omniglot. When you click on the links here you will be taken to other websites where you can buy the items. If you have any questions about your orders or purchases, please contact the relevant company, not Omniglot.