- an introduction to spoken and written Polish. Includes a course book
containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises and cultural information,
together with two cassettes or CDs with recordings of some of the dialogues
- a good all audio course consisting of a total of 10 half-hour
lessons, on CD or cassette. Effectively teaches you authentic
pronunciation and intonation, gives you an understanding of
the grammar and teaches you a manageable amount of vocabulary.
Colloquial Polish: The Complete Course for Beginners
by Bolesaw W. Mazur
- a good introduction to spoken Polish.
Includes a course book containing dialogues, grammatical notes, exercises
and cultural information. Two cassettes or CDs with recordings of some of
the dialogues and exercises are also available.
- a basic introduction to Polish. Includes dialogues,
exercises, games, tests and notes in many different languages. Introduces
a fairly limited amount of vocabulary and phrases, but does so in an effective
and fun way.
- an excellent Polish dictionary containing more than 30,000 words
and phrases, and 40,000 translations. Also features many examples of usage,
abbreviations, acronyms, proper nouns, and extra notes on the most
frequently used Polish words.
- provides a thorough grounding in the basics of Polish grammar. Divided into
forty units each of which introduces a particular grammar point and provides
a variety of exercises to practice what you have learnt.
- a clear, thorough, well-organised Polish grammar reference book.
Includes numerous examples of contemporary usage and a comprehensive
index. There are also sections on such grammatical points as the
diminutive noun, vowel and consonant changes, irregular verb declension
and declension of words into different parts of speech. Essential reading
for serious students of Polish.
- contains the most commonly used Polish verbs listed alphabetically,
one verb per page, and fully conjugated with English translation. Also
includes verb indices listing nearly 2300 verbs, common Polish idioms
using verbs, puzzles, proverbs and tests.
None of the items listed in this bookstore are supplied by Omniglot.
When you click on the links here you will be taken to other websites
where you can buy the items. If you have any questions about your
orders or purchases, please contact the relevant company, not Omniglot.